CHAPTER # 32

CHAPTER # 32

We got to the party on time for the first time, as Stella asked me to control myself on the promise that we would return home only after two hours.

The party was being held to announce the company's name which had won the project. We approached our assigned table to find our friends. They were here to support us. My friends wished me good luck.

There were only two companies competing for the project as Maxwell was disqualified.

My assistant was also sitting with us as he would help me with some paper work.

When I was announced as the winner who got the project, I thanked my friends who were congratulating me and clapping for me.

I got to the stage with Stella by my side. I received the project file on stage while wrapping my other arm around her waist. I looked at her to find her already looking at me while smiling proudly. I tried to give the file to her as she was the reason for me getting the project. But she placed her hand on mine so that we both were holding the file together.

Her luck, her wishes, her presence was what I needed to get these kind achievements in my life.

She is my biggest achievement.

Clutching the file to her chest Stella was jumping on her feet with the brightest smile on her face.

She was so much happy even more than me on my success.

Everyone was congratulating us and she was looking at me proudly, then she would tell them that I worked so hard for it.

I hugged her from behind and kissed her temple. I said, "My baby girl is so happy.''

She turned towards me and said smiling at me, " You are mine. So your achievement is my achievement.''

Pulling her closer to me I said smirking, " Don't you think I deserve a treat for this?''

She blushed and whispered in my ear, " Wait for an hour for that, my Xavi.''

Then kissing my cheek she turned towards her friends. Walking towards them she looked at me over her shoulder and winked at me. I smiled but again that restlessness returned when she walked away.

I proceeded to the bar. Not feeling like to have a drink I ordered an apple juice. After gulping down the juice I felt dizzy.

What is happening to me?

I staggered a bit but got hold of the bar counter. Then I searched the crowd for my baby girl but everything looked blur. I called her but it only came out as a whisper, "Baby girl.''

Just then someone came and hugged my side supporting me. I looked at that person to find my baby girl. I couldn't see her face but I recognized her dress and hair color.

But why I am not getting that calm and peaceful feeling that I always used to feel whenever she would be near me?

Everything was blur. I was loosing my consciousness time to time.

The last thing I remember was, we were in a hallway with rooms on both sides. I remember us going in one of the rooms and then I black out.

Third person POV:

Stella was still in the party looking for her Xavi. It had been an hour since she last saw him.

Her friends and their husbands were also looking for him and trying his mobile number.

Xavier's personal assistant came and said, "Mam, I have asked the guards but they didn't saw him leaving.''

Just then she received a message on her phone. She saw the message and she became stiff like a stone, her hands started to shake.