CHAPTER # 33

CHAPTER # 33

When I entered the hospital, I ran here and there shouting,

"SHE IS NOT BREATHING! MAKE HER HEART BEAT!''

They took her from me and rushed her to a room. They pushed me out but I ran along the adjacent wall to find a window and finally got one.

Through the glass window I saw her lying on the hospital bed. Doctors were running around her. They maintained her I.V, connected heart monitor which showed a straight line.

I desperately wanted that line to move but not to just remain straight. They got the defibrillator.

"Xavier, man!''

Someone called me and may be I heard many footsteps. May be, my friends? I didn't know who? And I didn't care.

Placing my hands on the glass, I was breathing heavily. I wanted her to breath as well.

They applied the defibrillator on her chest making her body jump above the bed.

I started whispering,

"Please, please baby girl breath. Breath for me. Breath for us. Breath for our love.''

"Come back to me, please. I beg you, please, come back to me.''

When they tried for the third time I lost it. I shouted banging on the glass window.

"What is your problem? Huh! I love you! Can't you see? You said that you love me. Then why can't you breath for me?''

"Make her heart beat! Make it beat inside her chest!''

The doctors looked at each other after trying for the fourth time

"No,No,NO!......No, baby girl,no......'' I whispered. Then I started shouting and crying hysterically,

"You can't do that. You can't leave me. You promised to never leave me.''

The doctors looked at me. I glared at them through my tears and shouted,

"Make her heart beat! DO IT AGAIN! I'll kill you all!''

Again they looked at each other and nodding, they again go for another four trials. All the while I said,

"Baby please don't do this. Don't leave me. I'll do everything you say, my love. Don't leave. I can't live without you.''

Then I shouted banging the glass window,