CHAPTER # 6

CHAPTER # 6

Xavier POV:

We were eating dinner. Stella was sitting across me, really focussed on her food. She hadn't even looked up at me for once and was not even chatting with her friends once in a while. All of sudden, without lifting her gaze she said,

''Lucas stop rubbing Amelia's thigh and control yourself. Let her eat peacefully. Food is important.''

There was silence and then Amelia said in a low voice while blushing furiously,''Stella!''

'' I'm eating Amelia. Can't talk right now.''

Amelia sighed and looked at Lucas with a sweet smile and he gave her 'it's alright' look.

What is wrong with her? First Ace and now Lucas?

....................................................................

After the dinner, the newly wed couple made their way to their honeymoon. Surprisingly Stella was the one to catch the bride's bouquet making me smirk at the scene right before my eyes, where she was laughing and teasing her other friends who couldn't catch it. After the guest left, we friends were sitting in the living room of Ace's mansion as the reception was held at the garden situated at the back of the mansion.

We were exhausted and peacefully sipping wine except Stella. She was not a least bit looking tired and she refused to drink wine. She made vanilla shake and was enjoying it.

What is with her obsession with vanilla shake?

I tried to make a conversation with her.

''so Stella what you do to earn a living?''

''I work. Just like other people.'' she said with a serious and expressionless face.

'' I mean to say what is your job?''

''I'm a software engineer at a techno company.''

''wow. You are intelligent.''

''Xavier, why you always tell me something which I already know. Now tell me what you do to earn a living?'' she said putting the empty glass on the coffee table and folding her arms.

'' well I'm a billionaire and CEO of Xav . corp.''

''Good for you,only for you.''

I ignored her and said,'' by the way you look beautiful today.''

''I know, I look beautiful everyday. I don't need compliments from men like you to feel beautiful.''

''can't you be civil for a moment,Stella. I'm trying, right. You could also do it.'' I said to her getting frustrated while leaning forward.

'' I don't have to,Xavier.'' she said leaning forward not a bit intimidated by me.

''you know if you had some manners to talk to other people, may be I would have asked you out on a date.''

By then, there was only silence in the room and tension in the air. The other two couples forgot their romance and were giving us full attention. My friends were looking at me with a warning look and at the same time with encouragement like I was going to attempt a challenge they failed to win.

'' I don't allow guys to take me out on a date. I am the one who picks whoever I want and whoever I like. I ask a guy of my choice out on a date.''

I was shocked. There is no girl in the world who would do this.

''if I liked you a bit I would have already asked you out on date the moment I saw you. You are not my type.'' she continued making me furious.

''how many guys have you dated till now." I asked gritting my teeth.

''13 and tomorrow is my 14th.. I have to postpone it due to the wedding.'' she said not affected by my anger.

WHAT THE HELL 13? I MEAN 13?

I didn't even realised that I broke my wine glass in my hand by grasping it hard until I heard gasps around me. My hand was bleeding a bit.

She looked at my hand and then me. She sighed, got up and walked towards me and said.

''well, it's no match to the number of girls you have f*cked then why you are so angry? I thought you would be happy that I couldn't break your record. Now get up and lets treat your hand, my overprotective brother.''

I was going to go with her but then got more furious than ever when I realized what she had just called me.

I yelled,''I'M NOT YOUR BROTHER AND WILL NEVER EVER BE.''

I smashed the nearby vase on the floor. I heard a scream but it was not her. She glared at me and then yelled at me,

''THEN DON'T ACT LIKE ONE. YOU HYPOCRITE.''

She smashed a bigger vase on the floor.

When one of her friend touched her arm she looked at her, returned to her previous self with an expressionless face and walked out of the house leaving me with a bleeding hand and making me realize the fact that

SHE IS NOT MY BABYGIRL..