CHAPTER # 7

CHAPTER # 7

Xavier POV:

It is said that 'Looks are always deceiving'.
I was again betrayed by her looks. She was not what I thought her to be.

After that incident I tried to forget her and her 14th date by drowning myself in work. Two days later I found my second investigator in hospital. He was a replacement of the first one I appointed for Stella. I just wanted to protect her but she couldn't understand that.

Then after one month, I was getting ready for Lucas wedding. I was also preparing myself to meet Stella after one month. He was also following Ace by getting married directly without engagement. Just like last time, I had to walk down the aisle with her as the other are official couples.

I was standing among my friends and their partners. Again we were waiting for her highness to come, she was planing a special surprise for her friend.
Her friends and children were the only people in the world who were showered with her affection. Ah! how could I forget, her 14 dates were also included in the list. May be there would have been an increase in her dating list.

There she was walking towards me looking more beautiful than the last time I saw her smiling like that day was the best day of her life.

''hi, everyone and Xavier, how are you?''

''Fine.'' I said with a clenched jaw

How could she act like nothing happened last time?

I should just ignore her beautiful but annoying presence and be happy for my friend. He really loves Amelia. He can't keep his hands to himself. He can't live without her. A while ago when I met him he was bouncing with joy to marry her. I wonder how he managed to wait for Ace and Amanda to join the wedding after their honeymoon.

The wedding went well. I tried to ignore her but damn, still I couldn't keep myself from stealing glances of her from time to time.

We were at the reception ceremony. When every one was settled on their seats all the lights went off and there was darkness everywhere. All of a sudden Lucas and Amelia pictures started appearing on a screen. Then Stella appeared in the spotlight with a guitar standing there looking so beautiful and then she started singing

'Love me like you do'

She has an amazing voice. She sung it so well. I didn't liked the song so much before but right then I fell in love with it. I wanted her to sing it for me, only me and no one else.

When the lights came every one clapped for her and being a fair person I also clapped for her. Amelia had happy tears in her eyes and Lucas kissed his wife pouring all his love for her. They both thanked her and Amelia hugged her when she reached to our table.

''you sung well.'' I blurted out without thinking.

'' Xavier you haven't changed, always telling me what I already know.'' she said while shrugging

''can't you take a compliment with a thank you?'' I said frustratingly

''why would I thank you for complimenting MY talent? It's not like my talent will die without your compliments.'' she said tilting her head sideways in an adorable way.

''guys please have dinner.'' Amanda interupted us.

''Yeah, I love food.'' she said clapping her hands and sitting excitedly.

Why she only behaves adorably towards her friends and children?

I'm not that bad that she can't even talk nicely to me.

......................................................................

Again she was the one who caught the bride's bouquet. We were getting ready to leave and no one wanted to stay for some wine because of what happened last time. Aparantely, Lucas didn't want two broken vases in his living room.

Ace and Amanda were saying goodbye to everyone when Stella emerged from the kitchen.

''hey Amanda, wait, I made your favourite cake for you.''

She said while running towards us to give her the cake but suddenly she slipped and landed on the couch with the cake in her hand landing straight on my face and then to the floor.

There was silence and I know my friends were stifling their laughter because they know I'm beyond furious right now, with cake smudged face.

She quickly got up from the couch and looked at me and then her cake on the floor and exclaimed,

''my cake is ruined!'' and rushed to her cake.

Amanda gave me some tissues from her purse with a sorry smile. I took them and marched towards Stella who was busy inspecting her cake with a sad face adding fuel to my anger.

''HOW DARE YOU TO SAY THAT WHEN MY FACE IS WHAT ACTUALLY RUINED?''

'' no! My cake is actually ruined, you can clean your face while this cake can't be eaten now. I prepared it for my friend as a gift and now she can't eat it. All my efforts went down the drain.''

I felt bad because she was right. But I didn't have to tell her that.

''you humiliated me in front of my friends.''

''you can never be humiliated by your friends. Look I fell in front of my friends but they are not humiliating me they are worried about me that if I'm hurt or not. After that even I will be laughing alongwith them remebering this incident.''

She was right I gave my friends a disappointed and angry look for laughing at me. They forgot their laughter by seeing me angry. I turned towards her and said,'' it's different, you fell on the couch and didn't get hurt.''

''the cake didn't hurt you as well it's not like there was acid on your face it's just some cream.''

'' don't disrespect me like that you don't know what I'm capable of, what can I do to you?'' I threatened her while getting closer to her only to stop my advancement seeing her dangerous smirk which made her look so hot.

''if you are saying this to ME then Xavier you really don't know who I am?''

I was shocked. She placed the cake on the nearby table and got her purse. I can't let her win this argument.

''wow. I'm scared.'' I said in sarcasm.

She walked to the door making me smirk in victory.

She turned and said

''you should be scared, Xavier. You should fear me after all what I did to your two investigators you sent to keep an eye on me.''

Saying this she walked out and I thought

SHE KNEW IT WAS ME? BUT HOW?