CHAPTER # 41

CHAPTER # 41

(Stella and Xavier in their old age)

" Take rest, Dada.'' said Stacy. Then her kids and my grand kids kissed my forehead, one by one.

I was in my hospital bed. No matter how much normal my kids tried to act. I knew it was time for me to leave this world.

I could see through the window in my room that Xander and Xion were trying to control their tears while hugging their mother. They won't tell me that the doctor had informed them about my inevitable death.

My sons loved me? Why didn't they showed it in my life?

Just then my beautiful baby girl walked in the room. Thank God, She was here. I was waiting for her. It had been 5 minutes since she left me alone.

I called her," My baby girl.''

She giggled and slowly walked towards me.

Standing near my bed she said," Scoot over.''

Then I moved my old body a little with her help. Making enough space for herself she lied on the bed facing me. We were staring at each other.

Cupping my cheek she kissed my forehead and then my lips. I hugged her close to me by wrapping my arms around her waist while she snuggled her head in my neck.

She slipped her hand inside my shirt and rested it over my heart feeling my heartbeat under her palm. The doctors must have had told her about my condition that was why she needed to assure herself of my condition that I was alive, lying beside her on the hospital bed.

I knew that I was living the last moments of my life and I wanted to spend my last moments with her.

I wanted to die in her arms.

She is the biggest happiness of my life.

She loved me all my life more than anyone in the world.

She gifted me three kids compromising her health.

She gave me so much and just asked for my love in return.

I had a huge family. There was a time in my life when I was alone as I lost my parents and I used to think that who would love me now?

But she came in my life bringing a tsunami of love along with her. Her love was as much intense as a tsunami, leaving me with no other option than to be drowned in her love. I had 3 kids, 2 daughters-in-law, 1 stupid son-in-law, 9 grand kids. All because of the woman in my arms right then.

I kissed her head and said," I love you so much, baby girl. My beautiful wife.''

She laughed a bit and said," I am old now, Xavi, a grand mother to our nine grand kids.''