CHAPTER # 4

CHAPTER #4

Xavier POV:

It had been a week since that annoying incident. It happens that every time we meet, we argue, I get annoyed, she remains calm and then we lose contact. She is as arrogant as I. She makes an impactful entry in my life all of a sudden, annoys me and then woosh she is gone.

I think I should start from the begining when I saw her for the first time. Then you would also agree with me that she is....she is.....um, I don't know what she is. In fact, no one knows her not even her friends but they are ok with that because she is the best friend you could ever ask for, to which I totally agree. I mean she is someone you can trust as according to her friends that she is good in keeping their secrets not only from other people but her other remianing friends as well. Amanda once told me that she had a crush on a guy in their school but she told Stella to keep it a secret after Stella figured it out herself that Amanda is taking a liking to that guy. God she is such a good detective. But she uses her talent when she wants to use it but not for others,only for selected people that are selected on a merit that is known only to her.

Let's have a quick look at the past two years of my life.

Flashback

I walked out of my office to enjoy the wonderful weather of the city, to finally get some fresh air after 3 hours long meeting and also to grab something for lunch from my favourite cafe few blocks away from here and of course with my bodyguard and driver Mark.

I walked in the cafe and got to my usual place to sit and ordered coffee with chocolate muffin for myself. I was enjoying my food while talking or more like giving Mark instructions. When I finally looked around the cafe I noticed a girl siting at a corner not too far away from me. She was working on her laptop not even bothered by being alone to herself in a crowded place. She was engrossed in her work and was sipping her vanilla milk shake from time to time. I noticed three more empty glasses of vanilla milk shake on her table. Her face was partly hidden by the laptop only her eyes were visible but they looked half opened as she was staring at the laptop screen. Then she looked outside the glass window I looked out to follow her gaze and came to know that she was looking at a homeless girl of about 7 years old. I remember her as I gave her few dollar bills on my way to the cafe which made her smile at me and I gave her a small smile. I wonder why is she still looking at that kid, may be she is in her deep thoughts and that kid in her line of vision then all of a sudden she turned her head forwards, finished her shake making that noise that announces the end of your drink to the whole world. She closed her laptop, lifted her eyes and looked straight at me.

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in my life I was struck by powerful and invisible blow seeing her face. She was so beautiful, so cute, so adorable, so soft looking just like her vanilla milk shake. I could tell by looking at her that she is the most pure and innocent soul on earth. Aww,I want to keep her safe in my arms from this dark world that made a friendly happy young boy to a cold, ruthless, arrogant and merciless billionaire. I'm tainted by the darkness of this world but I won't let this happen to her. I will protect her. I want her to be mine.

She is MY BABY GIRL.

She held my gaze with an expressionless face. Her eyes are just so beautiful. Our gaze was intrupted by the stupid waiter who gave her packed food which she must have ordered before. She took it and broke our gaze then all of a sudden a group teenagers came and occupied the table between us. I lost the sight of her and when all the teenagers were settled down she was not there and the same waiter was cleaning the table.