Chapter 25

Ariella's POV:

She lives in a shadow of a lonely girl
Voice so quiet, you don't hear a word
Always taking but you can't be heard

You can see it there when you catch her eye
I know she's brave, but it's trapped inside
Scared to talk and she don't know why...

Somehow, naka-relate ako sa kantang iyon na pinapatugtog ng kapitbahay ko. Kung tutuusin dapat mainis ako kasi umagang-umaga nagpapatugtog siya ng radyo na pagkalakas-lakas. But those lyrics hit something at the pit of my stomach. Something I surely almost forgot as time flies by.

Hindi ko alam kung makakaya ko pa bang harapin ang mga magulang ko pagkatapos ng lahat. How they disregarded me. How they abandoned me. How I suffered every living day of my life in the hands of some people I barely know.

They wanted my forgiveness. They wanted me again in their lives as if everything happened in the past is just a mere illusion. Something that's not even there.

If only it was that easy.

I've always wanted a family. Pamilya kung saan magkakasama kami. Buo. Masaya.

Pero paano mangyayari iyon kung sa simula pa lang ay wala na ako n'on? I know there's a chance me and my parents can be a family again but... But how can I move on if my suffering in the past keeps haunting me?

Every punch. Every slap. Every belt buckle hits and damages my skin. Lahat iyon naaalala ko pa rin hanggang ngayon even though it all happened a long ago. I know most of my scars from the past is still visible in my skin. Ang ilan nga halos hindi na makita. But those scars is nothing compared to the scars that's almost permanently carved in my heart. Those bruises in my skin may heal. Pero hindi na yata gagaling pa ang mga peklat ng kahapon na permanente na yatang nakatanim sa sistema ko.

I wanted to move on from my past and live my life to the now. To the present. Pero paano ko magagawa iyon kung sa bawat pagkakataon na meron ay pilit na ipinapamukha sa akin ang mga nangyari noon? It's as if I'm still inside this cage and can never be broken free.

Nakakasakal.

When I'm feeling kind of lost, like at this moment, I felt something. Something light. Something that's doing it's best to bring me back to life.

And when I opened my eyes, there it is. The very beautiful face of the person who's making my heart beat so erratically it fucking hurts. The very same person who always lifts my spirits up whenever I'm down. The woman I love.

"Come back to me."

Hearing her voice always makes me weak. But it soothes my senses at the same time. Breaking this tensions away from my body and replaces it with calm waves. How did she does those things to me, I don't know.

"Where were you?"

Absentmindedly, I lift my hand and traced her nose with my finger. "Nowhere. I'm right here," I answered in a husky tone. Still tracing my finger along her noseline down to those kissable lips. I cupped her chin and traced her lower lip with my thumb. It still look sore after kissing it endlessly the night before. The luscious lips I can't get enough of kissing.

"I love you," I breathe, almost a whisper. With our faces only centimeters apart, I know she heard it.

"And I you," she said before claiming my lips full of love and passion. Just like she did the night before.

The events of last night came flooding behind my eyes. The band singing. Me saying those three beautiful words to her for the first time. How she looked me in the eyes with pure love while making love with each other. All of it. And for the first time in my life, I feel... contented.