2. Welcoming

I rushed to biology class in a hurry so I wouldn't be late. When I walked in, most students were already seated. I looked around and I spotted the two girls I wished wouldn't be here. The cheerleaders. I just ignored them and sat down at the front row so they wouldn't see me. The teacher started the class just when I sat down though so everyone had to be quiet. They couldn't give comments. I tried really hard to concentrate as she, the teacher who's name I didn't know, explained the lab we were doing this Tuesday. We were going to work in pairs and this teacher tried to be funny, we were not going to work with the person next to us like you do in normal classes. No, she mixed up the whole class. I, as the unlucky person I am, got paired with one of the cheerleaders from yesterday. The shorter one who started the little thing, I'm not even sure if I should call it an argument because it wasn't really. But still. The teacher asked her and the ginger boy beside me to change seats so he would work with her friend and she would work with me. As lab partners, we were working with onion root tip cells.

"Get started" the teacher commanded and watched everyone carefully.

"Well, you heard her, go on" she said. I looked up to see her face expression and I was not pleased, she looked pissed off. It made me feel annoyed. 

I didn't even do anything to her but she still seemed so angry at me. I didn't get it. What was their problem? I didn't know them, they didn't know me. 

"I could start, if you're too slow to understand" she said again with a crooked smile so rude I got the urge to punch it right of her face.

"No," I said, ignoring her insults "I'll start" 

I took the first slide of the piece and placed it under the microscope. I studied the slide briefly before saying something. I could feel her glaring, waiting for me to say the wrong answer so she could laugh at me. However, I was confident with my result of what I had seen. 

"Like you'd know" she mumbled and dragged the microscope away from my hands "I'll look, just to be sure" she said.

She examined the slide for what I felt like was even longer than I did.

"You were right, congrats" she sarcasticly said and wrote it down on a piece of paper.

I wanted to know her name. I was just to annoyed at her to ask. I was some steps away from asking her what her problem was. I didn't though, I wanted to wait and see how far she would take this.

We continued to check slides of the onion and we were both right everytime. Just to piss her off, every single time she said something. I checked it anyway before I wrote it down. 

We were finished before anyone else was so we kind of just sat there for several minutes without saying a word to each other. The teacher checked our work and said we had to wait for the others. She didn't allow the blonde cheerleader beside me to go bad to her seat though. We seriously had nothing to do. She started playing with the piece of paper we were supposed to hand in to the teacher. She drew little pictures and wrote stuff on it. 

"You shouldn't ruin that, we need to hand it in" I said and took the paper away from in front of her.

"Don't touch my stuff" she angrily said and stared at me.

"Your stuff?" I said and looked her right in the eyes "we did this lab report together, so it's not only yours"

Anger flashed in her hazel eyes, I couldn't figure out the colour. All signs of even a little bit of humor were gone.

"You're a fucking bonehead" she said, her voice was low and cold. 

My hands tingled - I was so close to hit her right in the face. I clasped my hands together and interlocked my fingers so I didn't do it. She didn't look away, she stared at me, amused with what she just said. She looked happy because I didn't talk back. I ignored her and kept the piece of paper in front of me. 

"Do you have some social anxiety disorder? Why won't you speak?" she said again, still very amused with herself.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?" I grumbled "you don't even know me"

"Because just looking at you is exhausting" she said.

"Are you trying to be funny?" I interrupted and stood up "you're not being funny" I said, this time a bit louder so the teacher reacted on the little fuss.

"Stop being pathetic and sit down" she said, also a bit louder so some of the students laughed at her joke.

I could feel every single eye in the classroom being glued on me. Every single one. I was usually a violent person. This time I just turned my back and started walking away.

"Wait," the teacher called. I just kept walking, sloshing angrily through the other desks "Santana, we still have 20 minutes left of class" she said again.

I turned my back and looked at her. I didn't really want her to call my parents and tell them I ditched class. So I did what was the most embarrassing thing about this whole situation, I sat down next to the stuck up bitch again. Her eyes looked wickedly amused and she let out a very silent laugh. 

"I'm sorry, Santana. That was rude of me" she said and turned her face to my side "I'm not saying it isn't true," she added "but it was rude of me to not keep it to myself".

"Look, I don't care. Just leave me alone" 

"Are you this angry all the time?" she asked.

I didn't answer her. I was hoping she would take it as a point - I didn't want her to even speak to me. I watched the teacher walk around and collect everyone's lab reports. When she got to us she looked at us longer than she did with the others because of our little scene later. She said we were supposed to discuss our work now for the coming 15 minutes.

"I applaud your recovered humor, blondie" I said and looked away at the clock hanging over the door.

"Watch what you call me, scum" she said and watched me carefully as I looked at her again.

"Aren't you blonde?" I asked just to irritate her.

"You meant it as an insult" she gasped.

"Like you did with all those things before?" 

It felt like the heat of my anger bursting out of my body would set her on fire. That's how angry she was making me. But the angrier I got, the more satisfied she looked. I fought hard to keep myself from snapping. For the rest of the class she stopped talking. I was happy for that, but she really pushed my buttons and I knew her type. I was usually her type. Not here though, I was alone now. What's the queen bitch without her girls? Nothing, really. 

"Class dismissed" the teacher called and everyone sort of jumped out of their chairs. 

I picked my books up from the desk again and the girl beside me did the same. Her friend, the taller blonde one showed up behind her and waited for her to get ready.

"How did you like working with the newbie, Quinn?" she asked but she didn't even look at me. She said it extra loud, she wanted to make sure I would hear her say it. I ignored it and walked out of there.