23. Party

We walked into the crowded hallway after the tall, crew-cut guy opened the door with a nearly empty glass in his hand. I learned that his name was Aaron. Quinn took my hand as soon as we walked in, tingles were sent into my entire body because of her touch and the fact that she didn't care what people would say about us. Not that anyone had anything to say really. The party was not what I expected, I assumed it would be a typical high school party - house music blasting, people making out here and there (I was right about that) - and people dancing non stop. It wasn't anything like that. A dark, slow rock song was playing, no one was dancing. We walked into a big, smoke filled living room. There was people sitting around a table by the left corner of the room, I couldn't see what they were doing because of the unusally big brown couches. Quinn took me to the kitchen, she seemed to know the place very well. She poured a drink for me and then for herself.

"Drink up" she said.

I took a sip of the drink I had been handed, it was disgusting. I didn't know what it was, all I knew was that it was alcohol. So I kept it. Quinn, on the other hand drank up half the glass with one gulp. We walked out of the kitchen, Quinn was walking right before me and I followed her lead. She took me with her to a table surrounded by both boys and girls, they were all smoking. Every single one of them. My dad, who is a doctor, would force me to wear a damn mask if he knew I was going to a party where every single skull was holding a cigarette. Quinn sat down on the normal sized - small looking couch compared to the once on the other side of the room - I sat down beside her. My thighs were pressed against hers because two tattoo covered - during the moment tongue sucking guys refused to move their butts a little. Or, I mean, they probably didn't even notice us sitting there because of the tongue tangling. I looked away and watched Quinn light up a cigarette herself. For some weird reason, watching Quinn smoke made me more attracted to her. She looked so.. How do I describe this, "artsy". It was inspiring. I could write poems about how her lips pressed against the cigarette end or how she looked like a muse when she held it between her fingers, leaning her elbows against the jeans covered legs. The dark room was filled with all kinds of people. All of them seemed older than me and Quinn. Most of them were covered in tattoos just like the guys beside us, and the girl in front of us.. And the rest of the room. I felt like I didn't quite fit in, at all. Quinn did somehow, even though she didn't have pink hair or blue, or any tattoos. It was just her way that fitted in with the other group of dark, mysterious people.

"I love this song" she turned to me, leaning her head back on the couch with the cigarette still between her gaunt fingers.

"What's it called?" I asked.

"About A Girl"

"By..?" I asked again out of curiosity. The song wasn't too bad.

"Nirvana," she ashed the cigarette in the empty glass before her "you don't know about them?"

"Of course I know about Nirvana, I just never heard that song" I said, picking up the glass and taking another sip of the disgusting drink. I looked at the glass Quinn had ashed the finished cigarette in, she drank up really fast. It made me wonder if she maybe thought I was kind of a geek for not even being half way done with my own drink.

"So Q, why haven't you told us about your gorgeous friend over there yet huh?" a brown haired, green eyed guy with a short beard and a acne covered face asked.

"Well, she could have introduced herself, right Santana?" Quinn teased, a grin was glued on her lips.

"I'm Santana" I forced my hand forward and shook his.

"Christopher" he answered with a big smile on his lips and let go of my hand. "Q, are you coming over then? Bring your friend" he winked at me. It kind of creeped me out.