37. Truth

"I want to kiss you again" 

"Please answer me. I'm so sorry"

"Santana? Are you there? Please answer. Call me, I will talk"

I woke up to those text messages and called the number up. I heard her breathe. 

"Hello?"

"Santana..?"

"Are you kidding?" 

 *****

I walked out of the house and walked towards the schoolyard. I was expecting her to be there, waiting for me this time. I walked to the exact spot she told me to go there and she stood there. I watched her from a distance for a while before walking closer to her. I took a deep breath and walked over to where she was standing.

"Why would you do this?" I looked at the shaky girl in front of me. 

"I never stopped" 

"Never stopped what?" I asked.

"Loving you, it never went away" her whole face screamed fear. 

I took two steps back to let it all sink in. It was the most unexpecting thing that could ever happen to me. I never even had a clue I would see the girl again. I really didn't. Especially not the way I did. She walked closer to me again and tried get a hold of my hand but I pulled it back. 

"Why are you doing this? You know I'm taken"

"Mercedes told me about what you've been up to. I knew I had to be the one saving you"

"You think you're saving me? You're a joke" I snorted.

"Santana, you need to get away from Quinn.. Look at you" 

"What's with me?" I asked.

"You've changed so much. You have circles around your eyes, somehow you seem paler.. It's not the girl I used to know" she said.

"You never knew me" I said.

"There are different kinds of you, so I guess not" the innocent face returned. "I want you to leave Quinn"

"No"

"Santana, she is bad for you"

"You need to stay out of my business, do you know how stupid you look right now? Calling me and texting me, not even telling me who you are and now this?" 

"I know things you don't know" she lowered her voice.

"And?"

"And I'm willing to tell you if it means you'll break up with her" 

"Then we're both wasting our time here, not only me" I started walking towards my car.

"Wait!" Rachel called and came after me.

"Will you stop?" I stopped walking.

"I love you too much to see you break your own heart" she took my face in her hands. "Santana, don't keep seeing her. It's not worth it" 

"Don't touch me" I shrugged her hands off me. "Why do you keep saying this? Just leave me alone, I told you I'm not going to leave her" I was getting really angry. Angrier than before.

"Santana, if you have any kind of self respect left you'll break up with her" she said as I started to slowly walk away again.

"You can't ask me to break up with the only good thing left in my life"

"The error in that sentence is that she's not good at all" she said. I ignored her and kept walking. 

****

I had been sitting in the same position on my bed, staring at the empty wall for hours - thinking about all the things Rachel told me and how I would tell those things to Quinn. It was all a big mess and I didn't know what to do next. The look on her face was hard to get out of my head, how her eyes lit up when she spoke to me - just like Quinn's did everytime she spoke to me - how Rachel's hand pressed against my cheeks. A big fat mess. 
I went out of bed when it was time to go visit my grandmother at the hospital. I walked outside and went into the car with both my parents and my mother drove us there. As we got there we were all very upset, it just got like that when we visited her. We tried not to show it to her though, and especially that time I tried not to show how confused and annoyed I was. I just wanted to be the best I could be when I met my grandma. We walked into her room and she had just finished eating. My parents sat on her right side and I was on the left.