11. Secrets

I had been a part of the cheerleading squad for two weeks now and everything went like a charm. I was good, I surprised everyone. I also became friends with new people, which was good. The only bad thing about it was that for some reason we had to wear the uniforms everyday, that meant my hair was tied up in a ponytail everyday too and I hated that. Still, I was having a lot of fun. I couldn't deny it. Things started getting better and I can't even believe it, but it was all thanks to Quinn, the person who made it all bad in the first place. Two weeks ago she said she would make up for everything she did if it meant I'll start liking her too - I said no. And I stand by my words. And she really had been standing by her words too, she had been making everything up to me. I hadn't talked to Rachel still since that day.. And I don't think Quinn had either. Every time I saw Rachel, she looked even more miserable. I've tried to talk to her, make her happier because I can be a good friend sometimes but no matter how much effort I put into it, she ignored me. So automatically, I stopped caring. She made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with me, so she can have it her way.

I sat with Mercedes during lunch and we ate and laughed about the fact that she still found it weird that I was in the same team as Quinn and Brittany.

"Mercedes, let it go!" I laughed "it's not like I'm friends with them."

"Oh but you are!" she laughed even harder.

"Even if I was, why is that so funny?" I smiled.

"Because they made your life a living hell for months, that's why" she said.

"I know," I sighed "but they're not bitching me anymore so I decided to leave it. I don't have any more time and energy to spend on them, you know?"

"I know, I know. I'm just messing with you" Mercedes smiled and took a bite of her food.

For a while we just sat there and ate our food. I was starving. I had to skip breakfast just because I was going to be late, again. I chewed and swallowed and when I was done I checked if Mercedes was too and she wasn't. I guess I ate a bit too fast because my stomach started hurting a little, but it quickly disapperad. I looked over at the door and I saw Quinn and Brittany walk in, as usual, Quinn with her head high and her hands resting on her waist. They immediately found me and Quinn smirked at me, a smirk that vanished two seconds later. They looked around at the tables and put their tiles of food at one of the ones close to the door. Instead of sitting down, they walked over to me and Mercedes.

"Not again.." Mercedes sighed and rolled her eyes. I shrugged.

"Hey, Lopez" Quinn said "whatever your name is" she nodded at Mercedes.

"You know my name" Mercedes said.

"I know, I just don't care. Really." She looked at Brittany and they both smiled "Santana, why are you sitting here?" Quinn asked.

"I'm eating lunch with my friend" I answered.

"You should sit with us, we're a part of one team now," Brittany said "we are your friends."

I looked at their pathetic faces and then back at Mercedes who looked like she was going to burst into laughter any second. I found it funny that just some months ago, I was their worst enemy. Now though, just because we're on the same team, they treat me like I'm a person and not something they play with on their breaks.

"Thanks but no thanks. I prefer sitting here, with Mercedes." I said and turned my back.

Brittany just looked at me, kind of confused and stopped trying to make me join them. This wasn't the first time they tried to make me ditch my friends - or friend, and go with them.