29. Habit

"His apartment is cleaner than I expected" I told Quinn as her friend went to get us drinks. It wasn't too big, it was an apartment in The Village. Close to where Brittany lived if I remember right.

The living room didn't have much people in it, like the last "party" Quinn brought me to. I looked around and spotted Fiona. The red haired weirdo from that time. She was sitting on Christophers lap, disgustingly making out with him. 

"Quinn, look over there" she saw them and started laughing with me. 

"The freak found herself a joker"

I smiled and we walked in. People, of course, were doing what I hoped I wouldn't have to see. We sat down beside them, Christopher and Fiona were sitting around the same table.

"Well look who's here" he said. "And she brought goodies" Christopher smirked at me. I nudged Quinn's elbow. 

"Stop Chris, she doesn't like it" she sounded serious. I was happy she finally took what I told her about him serious. 

"Fine, fine" he let out a disturbing chuckle. "Help yourself, don't be shy" he told me. "And Quinn, you know my home is your home"

Quinn and I were sitting next to Fiona and the creep. The drink in my hand hadn't been touched and I had a feeling it wouldn't either. I knew I would have to be driving later and I didn't want us to get into trouble.

"You're not doing it today, are you?" I looked at Quinn watching the couple of straws on the table.

"You know the answer to your own question" she said. "We've been through this" she picked up a straw and snorted a line, quickly and hardly up her nostril. She locked her eyes and enjoyed it. It was irritating to see her ruin herself like that, and even worse that I had no power to stop her. "If you tried just once.. Why can't you just try?"

"You know the answer to your own question" I teased. 

"Fair enough" she followed another line and snorted it up, this time not as hard as the first time. "God, my nose is already blocked" 

"I have some nasal spray in the bathroom somewhere," Christopher commented, I suppose he heard her "go get it. It'll help" 

Quinn quickly got up to look for the spray and I waited for her. 

"How's it going, friend?" Fiona sat down on Quinn's seat. 

"You know that seat is taken"

"Calm down, I'm keeping you company" 

"Keep your boyfriend company instead, will you?" 

"What's with you?" she laughed "did Quinn fight with you again?" her face lit up.

"No"

"Oh," she smirked "I see. You're upset about the cocaine again" 

"It's none of your business, Fiona" 

"Kid, it's no idea. Don't sweat it, once you've started you're only lying to yourself if you say you're going to quit" I was surprised she was acting normal. "Take it from me, my parents sent me to rehab after I overdosed and nearly died once. The same week I got out I started using again. And I added the fucking weed" she laughed as if she was proud of herself.

"That's just sad.." 

"Get  up, freak" 

"Hello to you too, Quinn" she said and stood up. "Just keeping your girlfriend company" 

"Thanks?" she sat down. 

A couple of hours of the people in there was enough for me, at last I convinced Quinn that we would go home. I started begging around 10pm and she decided to listen to me 11.30pm. I guess sometimes nagging works. We walked out as soon as she noticed I had enough. Happily, she had nothing to drink.. The drink her friend gave her was not even touched. I still wanted to drive. She let me without fighting it. The car ride was very silent. She seemed off, it had been the same since we met earlier. I didn't want to bother her since she looked like she wasn't with me anyway. 
We weren't very far from my place, I would get off and she would either stay the night or drive herself home. I pulled into the neighborhood and then into my driveway. The kitchen lamp was on which meant my mom or dad were still up. Or both.