33. Cling

I avoided Brittany during the whole time in the party. She tried more than once to approach me and talk to me. She always found a way to sit next to me or join a conversation I was in. And honestly, it was getting very uncomfortable. I walked away from her three times until Mercedes finally spoke up and told her to stop it. She was getting too attached and it wasn't fun at all. I knew me and Quinn had an argument about just what was happening - I didn't want her to be right.. Even though it was impossible when Brittany couldn't leave me alone. 
Two hours into the party,  I felt like I had enough. I said goodbye to Tina and hugged Mercedes and the others - even Rachel. I told them I was leaving and went out to call Quinn, hoping she would pick up. She had been ignoring me ever since our little fight about me going to the party. The front yard was empty, luckily. I picked out the phone and dialed her number in. I knew it by heart. 

"Hello? Quinn?" I said. She picked up.

"What is it?"

"Quinn, please come pick me up from Tina's party" 

"Why?" she said.

"You were right - Brittany is too clingy, I don't want to be here"

She let out a very loud and annoyed sigh before answering me.

"Text me her address" she said. 

We hung up and I texted Quinn where she would pick me. I was so happy she decided to come and pick me up. After what she said when we talked about the party - I thought she was done with me. Originally, Mercedes would drive me home when she went but I knew she didn't want to go home when I did. And my mother wasn't even an option - she was at my grandmother's place. I didn't want to bother her.  
I sat down on the sidewallk by Tina's house and waited for Quinn's car to show up. 

"Santana?" I heard. I looked back. "Please don't go, wait"

"What do you want, Brittany? I've been very clear with the fact that I don't want you around me"

"I need you to know that I still love you" 

I stopped talking.

"Give me a chance.. You know Quinn's not any good, look at what she's done to your face" she said.

"What's happened with my face?" I asked.

"You look so tired and outworn.." 

"I haven't been sleeping good for some days" I answered. I hadn't - I couldn't sleep when Quinn was ignoring me.

"And it's her fault, right?" 

"This is none of your business, she's coming to pick me up any minute so you should go back in"

"I don't care, do you really think I'm scared of her?"'

"I think you should be" I answered. 

"I think you're scared of her," Brittany said and sat down right beside me "that's not what a relationship should look like.. Don't you like me? Even a little?"

"The only person I love is Quinn, go away Brittany" I looked right at her face. "Please, I don't want you near me"

"I think you do" she smirked. "I think you like me.."

"I think you're dreaming away," I felt Brittany place her hand on my cheek "don't touch me" I struck it away.

"Just calm down," she leaned in "you deserve much better than someone who doesn't appreciate you" she pressed her lips against me, brushing her hand against my cheek - cupping my face. 

"Get off me!" I yelled. And typically, Quinn's car just pulled in when Brittany pulled away.

She without a doubt stormed out the car - it all happened so fast I didn't even notice Quinn walking out of the car.