9. Confirmed

"Rachel?," I shouted "Rachel!" I pulled her back as she tried to escape.

"What is it?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked.

Her face flushed as I showed her the note. She knew. I kept staring at her face, waiting for her to say something, waiting for her to explain to me why she would do all of this. She didn't say a word, I kept looking at her. I refused to let her go, I needed to know why. Why did she pretend it wasn't her all this time? And why the hell did Quinn say she was the one who gave me the note? 

"For gods sake Rachel, why did you do this to me?" 

"I- I'm so sorry" her voice cracked and she sat down on the bench. Luckily, no one was anywhere near.

"Sorry?" I stood up in front of her, squeezed the note into a small ball and threw it on the ground by her shoes "do you think that helps? You made a fool out of me"

"I know, I ju-"

"You know what the worst of it is? You told Quinn Fabray," I grumbled "why did she say it was her?"

She looked like she was tearing up but I wasn't sure, I wanted to avoid looking into her eyes. It might just made me even angrier and I didn't want to cause a big scene before knowing about everything first.

"It's complicated, Santana"

"Do you think I give two shits? I deserve to know, why did she say it was her?" 

"I asked her to.." she admitted.

I didn't understand any of this, none of it made sense. 

"Why?" I asked and looked right into her eyes this time.

"Please, don't get angry. I'm so sorry" 

"Rachel, I don't care if you're sorry. I really don't," I jeered "all I want is you to be honest." Rachel didn't even look up this time. "I thought you didn't like Quinn, and now I find out she helps you hide things away from me. Is that why she was acting like a bitch all the time?" 

"Not from the start.. She's always mean to people she feels threatned of," she finally started speaking fluently without the sound of crying in her voice, her face straightened away from the baby faced one that made her look like she was ready to cry "but later on, it was jealousy that drove her into the never ending hate for you"

"Jealousy?" 

"Yes.. I don't know if you'll understand"

"I will" I demanded.

"I can't tell you"

"You will tell me, Rachel," I said and sat down next to her "it's the least you can do." 

I guessed that the only way to get things out of her was to be nice, she was too stubborn to say anything if I was scaring her. She needs to feel sure about the fact that I won't go mad and snap at her. I looked at the small brunette right next to me. I refused to meet her eyes. I turned away the moment she looked at me.

"Santana, it's not easy to say something like this to a person who barely knows you" she sat with her back straight, it was obvious how nervous and uncomfortable she was.

She was right, I barely knew her. I had been friends with her for a pretty long while now but I didn't know much about her, not what kind of music she likes, her interests and just basic things friends are supposed to know about each other. I knew all those things about Mercedes and Tina.

"Making these jokes at my expense was screwed up, the note, then that text. What do you want?" I stood up and glared down at her.

It was hard for me to control my anger, I wasn't used to being the one who gets played with. I'm the one who plays with people. But they managed to turn it around, and now, I'm the victim.