13. Orange Haired Stalker

Tony Stark's P.O.V.

"Hey, Tony." Steve greeted through the phone. I set some papers down that had been given to me by one of my lawyers. I had been going over them till my phone rang.

"Hey, Cap."  I greeted with a sigh. "Got any updates on, Sky? How was her first day?" I asked growing a little perkier at being able to hear news on Sky. It wasn't the same thing as hearing them from her but it would have to work for right now.

  "Well, Fury pulled some strings and now she's in my custody like you asked . . ." He trailed off. My eyebrows furrowed. He was about to tell me something bad wasn't he?  

"Okay, and . . ." I asked, wanting a full answer to my question. I grabbed a bottle of scotch, preparing for the news, and poured it into a glass. The only good thing about Skylar not being around was I got to drink alcohol freely. But it didn't taste the same to me anymore. I would rather have her back in my house then ever drink again but, sadly, it didn't work that way.

"Well she kinda got suspended and has detention when she gets back for something else." Steve rushed out. You have got to be kidding me. "Well the suspension thing was stupid. She was just standing up for Peter and she didn't even hit anyone so I don't see why suspension was necessary."

This is all my fault. If I would have just not been stupid and got Skylar taken away from me then this would have never happened. I was a failure as a dad. I've messed Sky up more than any of us realize. She would have been better off in the foster care then with me. Everything probably felt so fake to her now. She probably questioned everyday if she was going to be taken away again. And it was all my fault.

"Don't punish her. It's my fault not hers." I said taking responsibility for both of our mistakes.

"Tony I already told her she was grounded. She's in her room right now doing god knows what. And don't take blame for this Tony." He told me strictly. God it was like being scolded by an old man.

"She's such a smart kid, she doesn't deserve any of this." I told him shaking my head. I swiveled my drink around before shooting half of it down my throat. It burned in my throat, a burning I had forgotten but welcomed.

"Are you drinking again? I thought you stopped that because of Sky?" Steve questioned, his voice seemed raised slightly and I was afraid Skylar might hear. I took a glance at all the work I still have to do to get Sky back before answering Cap. "I've got stuff to do Rogers. Take care of my girl." I told him before hanging up and going back to my stacks of paperwork.

---

Skylar Stark's P.O.V.

"Time for dinner Skylar." Steve told me as he knocked on my door. I hid my laptop under my sheets, pulling them over the electronic quickly. He walked in and furrowed his eyebrows looking at me.