39. Memory

Skylar Stark P

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Skylar Stark P.O.V.

Peter wore a confused expression as I retold the events of yesterday. I hadn't gone back home, deciding to stay at Pete's house while I cooled off. Aunt May was more than happy for me to stay - but was motivated on me staying in a different room then Peter's. Obviously, Peter had told her that we were dating.

"So what are they keeping from you exactly?" Peter asked - a little slow on the intake. I massaged my temples, going over what I had already told him twice.

"Would I be complaining about them keeping secrets from me if I knew what the secrets were?" I asked softly, trying to keep my cool.

Peter rolled his eyes, standing up from his bunk bed. "I thought you would have already figured it out by now," Peter said, walking out of the room and into the kitchen.

I guess I would have by now...

I followed Peter out into the kitchen, holding him back by his hood. He shot forward choking for a moment. "Yes, Sky?" Peter asked with an incredulous smile.

I revved myself up, getting ready to use the puppy dog eyes. "May I please use your computer?"

"Last time you used my computer you planted a virus on it," Peter declined, shaking his head.

"I got you a new one," I groaned, tilting my head back in annoyance.

"No, you stole a new one and then got caught, arrested, and then May bought me a new one," Peter explained, as if the event happened yesterday and not in fifth grade.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion. "We both remember that story very differently."

Peter placed two hands on either side of my cheeks, bringing in his face an inch away from mine. "Go home and patch things up with your family. You played superhero yesterday and spent the night here - they are probably worried sick about you."

He placed a kiss on my lips quickly before running off to make himself a bowl of cereal. "Fine. You win. I'll go and patch things up with the stupid Halloween costumed divas."

---

"You know what? Screw this," I muttered to myself as I hurried up to an abandoned lab in the tower. I was going to search for answers.

Finding a forgotten laptop, I scrolled through the Avengers database where they stored all of their important documented information, which included details on missions. I could hear through their coms from their last mission to a place called Sokovia. I listened to the three-hour mission twice with no interruptions from the outside world. Then I did my research on all of the things I learned, starting with the enhanced.

Brother and sister. Twins.

One had similar powers to me and could run fast while the other sibling had the weirdest powers I had ever heard of. Euro electric interfacing, telekinesis, and mental manipulation. She was definitely someone to fear. But the brother, I could handle him.