35. New Girl, New Friends

"Damn

"Damn. Have you seen the new girl?" I heard a boy whisper to his friend as I walked down the hallway towards lunch with Alison.

Alison looked at me, apparently having heard the boy's whisper.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Is there another new girl?" I whispered to the girl that had quickly become my semi-friend.

"What?" Alison squinted at me confused. "Your joking right? Are you like a really stupid person or...?" Alison asked covering a laugh with her hand.

My eyebrows furrowed farther. "The new girl? Skylar Stark, right? Yeah, she's hot. Five bucks says I'll get her in a week," The boy gambled to his friend with a careless smile. The attractive boy was quickly turned unattractive on my radar - not that it matters because I have Peter Parker.

"I've been called oblivious by my boyfriend," I told her with a short nod. My eyes widened. That was the first time I had called him my boyfriend.

Alison smiled. "Tell your boyfriend not to worry. I'll look out for you."

I smiled at her in return. I guess this school wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would - it might even be survivable. "Thanks."

We walked into the cafeteria, or as they called it, the Cafe. Or, if your feeling fancy, the Luncheonette.

The room was made out of wood. The walls, the ceiling, and even some of the floors. Gracefully cut timber bordered the doors and the walls. The tables were wooden as well.

I would hate to think what might happen if someone started a fire in here.

The lunch ladies weren't lunch ladies. They were professionally trained chefs with the big white hat to prove it.

The food was lined on three sides of the walls. There was Italian, Chinese, Mexican, French, and classic American. There were even Vegan, vegetarian, lactose-free, and Gluten-free sections.

My old school just served hamburgers, fruit, pizza, with chocolate milk.

This school was absolutely insane.

"You okay?" Alison asked beside me. I hadn't noticed I had stopped walking with my mouth hanging open in amazement. I had never seen so much food -or smelled so many beautiful smells of food.

"Yeah. I just -I used to go to a public school, and this is just -wow," I breathed out, taking it all in.

"I used to go to a public school too. But then my cousin found a husband -so here I am." Alison shrugged, twisting her mouth to the side. I quirked an eyebrow up then realized she must live with her cousin. "You wanna get some food now? I'm starving."

I nodded along and followed Alison towards the Mexican food. "I love Mexican food," I spoke happily.

"Me too!" Alison looked genuinely happy as we both bounced on our toes in excitement.