19. Ghost Story

Skylar Stark's P

Skylar Stark's P.O.V.

Steve lifted his hood up onto his head while I stuck with my sunglasses. It must be a Stark thing. Steve and I were now wanted fugitives, which meant SHIELD was out hunting for us. We walked down the white and blue hospital with a quick pace to get to the vending machine where we had stored the drive. I knew it was a idiotic idea on Steve's part but had gone through with it for some stupid reason. I looked into the vending machine with Steve behind me and immediately smacked my head on the glass door.

"It's not there." I seethed looking back at him. He let out an angered sigh. I looked behind him as Natasha walked up, popping pink Hubba Bubba gum. The exact kind of gum we had stored it behind. Steve grabbed her arm quickly and shoved her into a empty room. I looked down the halls to make sure no one had seen anything before following in after them. Natasha was pushed up against the wall forcefully by Steve. I took a step back in shock.

"Where is it?" Steve asked, unhooding himself. I took my shades off and placed them so they hung off my grey shirt. She looked towards me then back at Steve before responding, "Safe." 

"Do better." Steve persisted, holding her against the wall. There faces were inches apart, you would think they were about to kiss if not for the matching death glares upon their faces.

"Where did you get it?" Natasha countered curiously.

"Why would I tell you?" Steve asked.

"Skylar where did you get the drive?" Natasha asked as she kept her stare held to Steve. Oh, please don't include me in this because I'm gonna say something and one of them will get mad at me. I sighed deeply.

"W-We uh got it from Fury." I told her as I looked to the ground, ignoring Steve's glare that had now fallen on me.

"Why?" Natasha asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"What's on it?" Steve asked ignoring her question that we didn't know the answer to.

"I don't know." Nat answered. 

"Stop lying." Steve said angered, pushing Natasha hard against the wall.

"Okay, come on guys, we're all friends. Let's just back it up." I said, trying to push the two people apart. Steve let go of his grip on Natasha and stepped a few feet back.

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers." Natasha said, making me laugh slightly besides the situation. Steve turned to me with a glint in his eyes.

"Well then, you actually do know everything, so what's on the drive Sky?" Steve said stepping closer to me. I hopped up on the doctor counter and rolled my eyes. 

"It's obviously something about Hydra, whether you believe it or not." I said, casting my eyes to the ground. Steve didn't truly believe that Hydra was back. But he needed to start believing soon or we're all going to die.