27. SPAGHETTI

Skylar Stark P

Skylar Stark P.O.V.

"Skylar!" My father called out, stepping out of his Iron Man suit. I unwrapped myself from Peter and ran to my father, giving him a strong hug. He held me tight before looking down at me to make sure I was okay and unharmed. I was mostly intact besides a small bruising around my neck. No, it is not a hickey you dirty minded children - It was from when Oscar had held me against the lockers by my neck.

"You're okay. You're okay?" Tony repeated in question, worried as he glanced me over. I nodded with a small smile, my eyes getting teary involuntarily. He encased me in a tight hug once again, rubbing my back soothingly. I stepped back to assess Tony's health. He seemed to be fine besides a wicked black eye.

"I'm sorry." I told him shaking my head as I looked down at my white Adidas Superstars. I wasn't sure why I was apologizing. Maybe because he looked so heartbroken as he looked down at me. Maybe cause I didn't like to be the cause of such worry. I knew it wasn't my fault - or anyone's fault - that Oscar had come to the school ready to kidnap me. Before Tony could answer, the principal walked up to us gaining his attention with a couple of awkward coughs.

"My office, shall we?" The principal asked with a thoroughly pissed off expression. Tony squinted at the man, trying to put a name to the face.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Tony asked with a face that couldn't care less. The principal scowled back with annoyance before responding, "Mr.Blake, the principal of Midtown High School." Tony's eyes widened then closed slightly in a glare. I had a feeling that Tony would not be getting along with Mr.Blake whatsoever. I waved a goodbye to Peter before following the two egotistical men into the school.

"So am I being punished?" I asked the principal once we walked into his office. Tony and I sat down in the plastic chairs across from Mr.Blake's desk with matching frowns.

"On the contrary, upon my better judgment, the school board believes you should be rewarded for your actions." Mr.Blake spoke with distaste as he frowned down at his folded hands. I squinted at his words in confusion. Did he say reward?

"Reward?" I asked, sitting up in my uncomfortable seat. The word sounded weird on my tongue. Why was I being rewarded?

"Despite your previous record of offenses, they believe you should be rewarded for your fast thinking and bravery." Mr.Blake told us with disgust.

"You saved thousands of kids." The principal recited with a roll of his eyes. I looked over to Tony who was glaring daggers at Mr.Blake. I tried to quickly warn Tony to calm down by glaring at him, but . . .

I think he missed the signal.

"Excuse me? You might want to have a little more respect for my daughter. I could fire your ass out of here in seconds." Tony had told the man, crossing his arms and flexing slightly. The principal squirmed in his seat under the intense look Tony was giving. I rolled my eyes at the two men before returning to more important matters.