41. Normal

The room had a comforting warmth with the glow of a sunny city coming from the windows

The room had a comforting warmth with the glow of a sunny city coming from the windows. I opened my eyes, glancing around my unfamiliar yet familiar surroundings. An arm was held around my waist. I looked up to the boy that held me so tightly. My vision was blurry allowing me only to see tiny details. Brown eyes. Brown hair. Pale skin with tints of red on his cheeks. I knew he was beautiful even though I could barely see him. His stomach rumbled with laughter, letting a sweet sound pass his lips because of the Looney Toons cartoon that ran around on the TV.

He finally looked down at me, catching my stare. "Hey."

I smiled softly. "Hey."

My mind was fuzzy, making my words sound intelligent to me.

The apartment, or what I thought to be an apartment, was either black or made of glass that gave off a blue tint. It was sleek and futuristic looking with the latest electronics everywhere.

A woman walked in through a door - or maybe it was an elevator - sending a jolt of familiarity to my heart. I knew this woman, but not how she presented herself now. This woman looked joyful with her bubbly brown hair that bounced as she walked into the kitchen. Her bright eyes paired with her sweet smile of serine sent light waves throughout the apartment.

I wanted to cry. I don't know why, but the woman just made me feel sad even though the woman was perfectly happy. "Hey, Ma! How was your new yoga class?" I found myself asking for a reason I didn't know. Was this just a memory? Was I beginning to remember things?

The woman turned around and looked over at me with a fond smile. "Well, the instructor was quite the hottie - but don't tell your father I said that. - Hey, Peter. How are you?" The woman asked as the boy - that I hadn't realized left - walked back into the living room. He had a backpack slipped over his shoulder.

"Hi, Ms. Wilson-Stark," The boy, Peter said with a bright smile. I admired him from the couch as he talked to the woman that was supposedly my mother.

"How many times have I had to tell you? It's Elizabeth," My mother said with a smile. Peter shrugged, smiling sheepishly before he came over to me. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and then he left saying a quick 'I love you' and a 'see you tomorrow.'

Elizabeth walked forward, plopping down next to me on the couch. "You and Peter seem to be doing good." A mother trying to learn everything about my love life - it was normal, I didn't know normal, but I loved it.

I nodded smiling even though I only felt like crying. This was all so overwhelming; it didn't feel right. "Yeah. We're doing great."

And then just like that everything faded. My eyes opened, and I was sitting in a semi that bounced every few seconds. I lifted my head from Pietro's shoulder and looked at the seat in front of me where Ultron sat with a sadistic smile across his face. I wiped the tears that had ran down my face. I realized that my dream wasn't real. My dream had just been what I had wished for the most - it hadn't even been a dream at all, just an illusion.

I turned to Wanda who sat in the other seat next to me. She had tears running down her face; her forehead was creased as if she was in immense pain. "Don't get in my head, Wanda," I warned her with a glare.

I wasn't usually angered easily, but my mind was something that I didn't want anyone looking through. I didn't even know my own deepest desires - I didn't want them revealed to me. Wanda looked away with a saddened frown. I walked away from the twins, away from Ultron. I sat in the farthest corner from all of them because all I wanted was normalcy.

I wanted to be normal.

I didn't want to be a freak that people point at and prick in science labs. I never wanted these powers, at least I don't think I did. I can't speak for my past self, but my new self without a known past doesn't want these fucking powers. I wanted to live in an apartment in a city with my parents and a dog - and maybe even have a boyfriend and a couple of close friends. I was just a kid. A kid that didn't know why she had been the one to be pushed into this mess. Why did it have to be me? I wanted a regular life where everything wasn't so damaged.

But I couldn't have that anymore. My family was dead, and the Avengers had taken them from me. The Avengers took my normal away and gave me a life I could never live with.

That's when I decided that I would do anything and everything to rid them of their happiness.

And that's exactly what Ultron wanted.

Okay, so I know that this is super duper short like really really short, but I just wanted to get something out there since I wont be updating a whole lot since I've been travelling in Europe. It's honestly a miracle that I even got this little bit out. 

So if you guys want to see pictures from my trip and just hear about some of it then comment and I'll post them when I post my next chapter. <3

As Always,

PEACE OUT GIRL SCOUTS

okay so i'm not a fan of DC but this was the funniest infinity war GIF i could find