22. Big ol' Breakfast

Skylar P

Skylar P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of Natasha and Steve talking at the end of my bed. "If it was up to me to save your life, would you trust me to do it?" I heard Natasha asked in a whisper. Sounds like a pretty serious talk, the kind I'm not supposed to be hearing. I tugged my pillow over my ears silently so I could hear better.

"I would now. And I'm alway honest." Steve responded with a small chuckle. I rubbed at my eyes and sat up. I let out a small sigh before crawling back into the covers. We were at Sam's house, I could tell because these were definitely not my sheets. Mine were a soft silk, these were definitely not. Wow, I'm starting to turn into some rich snobby girl.

"I made breakfast. If you guys eat that sort of thing." I heard Sam say. I let out a small laugh from behind my pillow. I liked Sam, he was a pretty cool guy. I mean what guy just lets a whole bunch of strangers that are criminals stay at his house? A really cool kinda guy.

I hopped out of bed, wanting to eat some breakfast. My vision darkened around the edges slightly and I had to grab on a wall when my head began to throb. "You okay, Sky?" Natasha asked, coming in front of me. I nodded as my vision began to come back slowly.

"Sorry, just dizzy." I told her. Natasha wrapped her arm around me and led me down to the kitchen. I sat down and my eyes widened at the large meal. It was like a huge buffet. I grabbed a few pancakes, sausage, strawberries, toast and butter, and hash browns. I usually wouldn't be able to eat this much, but since I haven't eaten in about two days I was kind of hungry. They weren't blue pancakes but I let it slide, considering the circumstances.

"Thanks for breakfast." I thanked Sam with my mouth full. He nodded with a laugh. Steve had a mountain of pancakes and a whole bunch of other stuff. I guess being a super-soldier made you have quite an appetite. Natasha grabbed a blueberry muffin and nibbled on that. Sam had a plate of eggs, sausage, bacon, and fruit. I drowned my pancakes in syrup, as well as my sausage and strawberries.

"So the question is, who at SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha wondered, turning her heads to each of us. I raised my hand. Natasha let out a curt laugh and nodded. "I could do it." I said with a bright smile. Natasha, and Steve rolled their eyes. I raised my hand again, knowing very well who could do it. Natasha rolled her eyes and nodded again.

"Pierce." I told her with a shrug. It was obvious. Who had enough power to easily launch a missile strike other than Fury? Pierce.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Natasha said, walking around, having forgotten her muffin. I had finished my breakfast and was now eyeing Natasha's muffin. I have never been more hungry. Scratch that I totally have been more hungry. Once I didn't eat for almost two weeks, I definitely have been hungrier than this.

"He's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve said, biting his nail in thought. I've heard that's a bad habit Stevey.