21. Breaking Down

Skylar Stark P

Skylar Stark P.O.V.

"You know this thing?" Natasha asked, looking at Steve with confusion. It was a computer how could he possibly know him? What kinda A.I. is this? It has to be an A.I. Right?

"Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years." Steve answered walking around the computer room.

"So how's he on the computer?" I asked myself more than anyone else. It would be almost impossible to transfer his brain into a computer. Almost.

"First correction, I am swiss. Second, look around you. I have never been more alive." The scientist corrected Steve, he seemed angry, if that was possible for a computer.

"In 1972, I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body." The swiss man started.

"They could save your mind though?" I asked, amazed as well as horrified.

"Smart girl. My mind was worth saving, on 200,000 feet of databanks. You are standing in my brain." The man said. His accent was thick even though he was just a computer. I stepped to the side, looking at all the giant computers. This man is still living, and inside a computer. This is one hell of a trip.

"How did you get here?" Steve asked, bringing my attention back over to the crazy computer. "Invited." It answered simply.

"It was operation Paperclip after World War two. SHIELD recruited German scientists with strategic value." Natasha said, turning to me and Steven. Operation what?

"Operation Paperclip? Who ever comes up with the names of operations needs to be fired immediately. Couldn't they have named it something cooler? Like Operation Mad Scientist Computer Guy?" The two turned to me with a look. ". . . Never said I was good at making up names either." I excused.

"Seriously though? Let's invite the guy that was following Hitler around like a puppy. Sounds like a great idea." I said sarcastically. How stupid is SHIELD? Sure the guy was smart but I think it would be better to just get some trustworthy scientists.

"They thought I could help with their cause." Arnim Zola said, pointing his camera at me. Can you say creepy?

"Yeah, well, they obviously thought wrong."  I said, sitting down on a chair with a huff. How can people be so stupid sometimes?

"I also helped with my own cause." He said with a computerized laugh. "Obviously." I muttered, kicking the table.

"Hydra died with the Red Skull." Steve said not giving up on his delusions of a safe happy world without Hydra knocking on our front door. "Steve, when are you going to accept that Hydra has taken over SHIELD? Pierce is Hydra. Rumlow is Hydra. Half of SHIELD is probably Hydra. The whole Strike team is Hydra." I complained, listing Hydra off with my fingers. When I stopped talking I had just realized I had been yelling. I blew out a deep sigh of aggravation.