15. Didn't see that coming...

Skylar's P

Skylar's P.O.V.

"Julia?" I asked confused. She smiled darkly at me as she laid still on the ground. Electricity was still dancing around her body slightly. 

This has to be wrong. She couldn't - she wouldn't betray me.

"Obviously." Julia said condescendingly. Well I didn't think it was that obvious. 

"Why? What did I do to you. I thought we were friends." I asked. Was this all just a joke to her. She was like a sister to me. I could feel my pulse begin to rise in anger. I took a deep breath and out of nowhere the light bulb in my lamp on my night stand shattered. We both took no attention to it as I stared at her with anger and she stared at me with determination. 

"You didn't do anything to me. Actually you were quite nice to me but I have to follow my orders." She said as she started to collect herself off the ground. She sounded so sinister her voice was usually soft and light but now it was dark and full of hate. I can't believe I was sleeping in the same room as this girl. I had been living with a girl that wanted to kill me for weeks. Was I just oblivious or stupid?

"Julia if you're being told that you have to do something then I can help you get out of it. Just tell me who you're working for. SHIELD will protect you." I negotiated, backing up towards my desk. She started to walk closer grabbing two knives out of her black combat boots.

"I have to do this, I don't have a choice." She told me with teary eyes. 

"Julia, you always have a choice."

"They'll kill me either way." She denied. I looked into her eyes that used to be a brown filled with happiness. Now all I could see was the sadness. What did she mean they'll kill her either way? "Hail Hydra." She spoke with distaste. It was almost as if the words hurt her to say.

"You're my friend, Julia. Don't do something you'll regret." I told her trying to give her another chance. She shook her head as tears fell. She flung a knife toward my heart. As if everything was happening in slow motion I flipped out of the way. I looked back over at her and the knife was still leaving her hand, I blinked again and the knife was placed into the wall where I had been. 

"How'd you do that?" She said as she blinked a couple times looking at me. Before I could respond my door was kicked open. SHIELD agents swarmed in and shot Julia without another thought.

"What - no, no, no." I shouted, looking back over at the agent that had shot her with tears in my eyes. The man wore a black SHIELD Strike team uniform and had just put his gun back in it's holster. The man had dark eyes that seemed to say "I would do it again if I had to." 

I slid down to Julia who was breathing short breaths as blood spilled out of her chest.

"S-Skylar there's something y-you need to know." Julia whispered. I bent down towards the girl, wondering what she had to say.