34. Blossom

New York seemed darker than usual

New York seemed darker than usual. The skyscraper lighting didn't shine as bright. I sniffed fighting the cold air that speared at my face. I caught a whiff of the rotting trash that from the rotting dumpster beside me. 

I swear, there needs to be a superhero changing site. I am tired of changing in alleyways.

 I jumped up, zipping my dark blue catsuit up as I was in the air. As I landed, my foot settled on a can near the dumpster, rolling me backward and onto my butt. 

Wow, that was attractive.

I stood up as the sound of a gunshot echoed across the brick buildings of New York.  I tugged my eye mask down, brushing up against the cut on my cheek. 

The Breeze was back bitches.

"Time to go fight some little assholes," I muttered under my breath, tightening my fists that cracked with blue energy.

I flew over to the sight where the gunshots were coming from and landed on a building close by. 

A shadow of a man towered over a younger looking woman. The dimmed light from the street enlightened the situation. The woman was young -probably in her late twenties. The man and the woman's eyes were rimmed with red. Drugs?

Probably an abusive relationship.

Or maybe he didn't get the money he was promised.

Well, whatever it was, the cops could deal with them when I was done. All I had to do was defuse the situation.

I marked out a plan in my head. I slowly levitated down to the alley.

"Hey, I don't think she wants that gun to her head dude," I spoke up with an uneasy chuckle as I landed on the ground. Both of the adult's heads snapped to me. The man was immediately defensive.

"Get out of here, kid. This is none of your business," The man growled, stepping closer. He kept the gun pointed at the girl shaking it around with a nervous look in his eyes.

"How is this not my problem? Just because the gun isn't pointed at my head?" I gradually stepped closer. My eyes shot to the woman. Her eyes were screaming for me to do something, or maybe to get out, but I took it as the first option.

"I said get out of here," The man said again.

"Wow, good one. You really like to change it up hmm?" The man raised an eyebrow.

I sighed and unfolded my arms. Can't people humor me?

"Okay, so this is the part where I run at you and steal your gun. And then you're all like 'Holy shit. How'd you do that'. And then I'm all like 'I'm the breeze bitch.' Okay? Do you have your roll down? Yeah? Okay." I sped over to him in a flash.

Everything slowed down. I could see the woman's freckled face trail with slow tears coming from her bright green eyes. The man had a steely glare pointed at my previous spot. His dark brown hair was slicked back with gel all the way to his tattoo on his neck, which was a green snake. Hmm. This guy must be into Riverdale.