40. Ew, Ultron

Skylar Stark P

Skylar Stark P.O.V.

Strucker had taken me to a lab to explain my situation. I massaged my temples, hoping that it would help me gain memories. But it didn't. If anything it just made the sides of my forehead red. When he had told me that they had killed my family, I didn't even shed a tear - I didn't remember a family to cry for. I'm sure my old self would have started sobbing or something, but all I could focus on was getting my memories back - and maybe getting a little revenge on the way. "Wait, so these guys," I said, pointing to the people dressed in fancy costumes on the screen that Strucker was showing me, "They did this?" I asked, rubbing my fingers up against the purple skin around my neck, grimacing at the pain. It still hurt to talk.

"They also wiped you of your memories," Strucker said with a frown, stepping back to look at another screen with images of my brain from an MRI.

I gulped, finding the information hard to understand. "Will my memories ever come back?" I asked, brushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Maybe. No one can know for sure. It's gonna be okay, will do everything we can to help you," Strucker reassured in a thick accent, placing a hand on my shoulder, looking into my eyes. I looked back into his icy blue eyes and immediately trusted him with no hesitation.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked. I was confused on why I had asked the question, he was going to help me, and that's all I needed to know.

Strucker furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at me with a strong intensity. "Because we're on the same side. We both want revenge. I hope that you'll comply," Wolfgang Von Strucker spoke. I titled my head and blinked, something weird shifted in my head.

I ignored the strange wave of nausea I had and nodded. "Ready to comply," I found myself saying with a smile.

---

I had been here for two weeks now, bonding with my two roommates that treated me like I was there baby sister. The room was comfortable but not very home like - not that I knew what home felt like; I just knew it didn't feel like this. The air was dusty, and wherever you went, a metallic scent would follow your nose.

A tall teenager stood in front of me, his hair white and his eyes blue. He was skinny, like the rest of us, but he was much taller and probably a few years older than me. "Hey, Pietro."

The boy sat down next to me on my bed with a thoughtful expression. "Are you okay, Blue?"

Blue is what he called me - everyone else called me hey you.

"I feel like I could be doing more. I want my memories back - at least I think I do. I'm just so confused," I spoke, my voice trembling with emotion. The only emotion I had a strong feeling of, while I was here at the Hydra base, was confusion. A strong set of utter confusion and I didn't know how to de-confuse myself. I didn't know how to find answers. The only thing that was jamming like haywire in my brain was revenge. The feeling of revenge sat in my head and felt foreign, and I wondered if my old self-had ever wanted vengeance.