16. Washington D.C.

Skylar's P

Skylar's P.O.V.

"Why in the exact hell, do I have to get up at 5:00?" I asked walking into the kitchen to grab some coffee. I had to go to Washington D.C. with Steve and let's just say I wasn't happy at all. I had argued plenty but lost tragically. 

"We're gonna go on a run." He said as if it was obvious. Do I look like the running type? Well I guess with my new found abilities this will be a piece of cake.

"Just let me finish my coffee." I told him with a frown as I sipped my coffee. "Just cause were going on a run doesn't mean you have to wake up at unearthly times BTW." I added. If you couldn't tell, I'm more of a night kinda person. Mornings just disagree with me.

"BTW?" Steve asked, obviously confused. Seriously dude?

"It stands for by the way." I answered with a tense smile. Poor guy doesn't know anything. I took the last sip from my black coffee and immediately felt hiped.  I ran past the living room and to the door in a flash.

"Skylar?" Steve asked confused. I walked back to the kitchen and his head was lifting to each space of the kitchen.

"Yo." I said spooking him from behind. He jumped and fell to the ground with a thud. 

"Not funny." Steve said with a stern glare as he helped himself up off the ground as I laughed. We walked out into the hallway and bumped into our neighbor, Kate.

"Hey Kate." I said with a smile. Kate was a nurse and was super nice. We had only been here for two days and she had already brought us a cherry pie. Talk about being neighborly.

"Hi Skylar, Steve." She said with smile, looking down at me then up at Steve. I looked over to Steve and I swore he blushed.

"Have a good day ma'am." Steve said with a smile before placing a hand on my shoulder to drag me down the stairs before my big mouth said something it shouldn't. He totally likes her.

---

"How many miles are we gonna run?" I asked Steve as we ran around our first lap at Lincoln Park.

"Uh 14. That is if you can keep up." He said condescendingly. I looked up at him shocked.

"If anything I'll beat you." I said before speeding up past him. He looked confused for a second before he too began to speed up. We ran around the park as the sun began to come up. There was another runner who was running a slow pace in front of us.

"On your left." Steve said as he ran past him. The man looked over at him and kept on running.

"On your left." I said with a laugh as I passed him then flashed over to Steve. Steve looked to me and raised his eyebrows.

"How are you keeping up with me?" He asked, slowing down a bit.

"I don't know." I shrugged before running a mile past him and back over to the other runner.