Chapter 5

"Sing for me."

"Sing for you?" Jungkook was definitely confused. He wasn't expecting her to pay such amount of money just for him to sing. But then again, it's the Mins we're talking about. They would do anything to get what they want even if they have to go through extreme lengths.

However for Jungkook, who treasures the value of money, he cannot really relate to what was going on in her mind. He would understand if it was some famous celebrity but he's just a poor ordinary boy.

"Why waste so much money on something worthless?"

"It's not something worthless."

She sighed and stood up. With eyes fixed on his, she moved towards him. Despite being a smaller frame, her presence alone was strong enough to make one give her full respect and attention. That is what makes one a 'Min'.

"It's something beautiful, unique and definitely valuable." She paused in between her sentences. Jungkook swallowed his saliva nervously as his heart thumped loudly. "I respect your decision. Feel free to decline."

Jungkook did not know what to say. Her confidence made him think twice. Her eyes spoke the truth and she was definitely serious. With her being this determined to offer such money to listen to him sing, he could not bring himself to say no.

"I accept your offer then."

And that was all it took. They signed the contract and Jungkook became a personal singer for (Y/N).

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Jungkook was strolling back home after finishing his job. He was forced to go home after finishing up his work at PJM cafe. He wasn't expecting to receive his first pay immediately.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

(Y/N) told him that she made every other bosses to 'fire' him immediately after he accepted the offer. He was still amazed by how powerful she was by making anything possible with just a phone call. She told him to sleep well, drink well and make sure to eat well.

"Do not strain your beautiful voice."

In the end, he couldn't help but comply with all her requests.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

He entered his shabby apartment and went to greet his sick Mother.

"I'm home, Mom. I've got great news! You remember about this gorgeous lady I told you yesterday. Well, she's actually Min (Y/N)! Yes the successful business woman from Min family. And you wouldn't believe what happened. She actually offered to pay me triple the amount of what I'm currently receiving. And what do I have to do? Just Sing! Isn't it amazing?"

He spoke to his mom, excitedly. The topic about her made him act like a teenager having a huge crush.

But the excitement level slowly dropped as time passed by and he did not receive any response. He knew his Mother wouldn't reply. Who was he kidding? His Mother was bedridden and slowly losing conscious each day.

He held his mother's hand in his and brushed her hair using his other free hand. Every brush resulted in hair fall.

"Just wait a bit longer, Mom. We'll get through this soon."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

(Y/N) sat in her chair as she listened to her business development manager's crappy report of the company's state and research on the related competitors in similar industry. The moment he finished his report, he stood there and waited for her comment.