Chapter 19

(Y/N) stepped on the accelerator and zoomed off. She even drove through a few red lights. Luckily, the road was not busy. If not, she would have met with an accident.

The moment she arrived home, she sprinted up the stairs and headed straight to Taehyung's room. Inside, the room was dimly lit but she could clearly see the boy sitting down on the floor. Drops of blood splattered around him and a pocket knife at the side. She knew exactly what he had done.

Taehyung didn't really notice her entering the room. She knelt down beside him and grabbed his wrist. He flinched upon the sudden touch and glanced at her. He avoided eye contact with her when she pulled his sleeves up. Her heart fell at the sight.

"Taehyung-ah... you promised."

He shook his head and started trembling. Tears flowed down uncontrollably and he brought his hands to cover his face.

"I-I can't. I-I'm sorry... but..." he couldn't complete his sentences and his voice was muffled. He sniffed and took a deep breath to calm himself down but it was not working. "He...he... he was too embarrassed to even introduce me as his son."

He felt miserable after he said that. Images of his Father's distant treatment towards him appeared in his head.

"I-I'm a disappointment. When will I- when will I ever be able to prove my worth?!"

(Y/N) rubbed his back and quietly listened to him. The struggles he had, she could never understand but she knew he's more than that. She pulled him into her warm embrace.

"Taehyung-ah... you will and you can. But promise me, you would never hurt yourself again. At least for me."

He didn't have the energy to speak so he just nodded. The two held each other in their arms for a while.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Taehyung fell asleep on her lap and she ran her fingers through his hair. She watched him sleep innocently and her heart ached.

"Taehyung, my angel. Why do you have to suffer this way." She closed her eyes, trying to conceal her feelings. Trying to prevent tears from falling.

"I'm sorry but don't worry. I'll make sure you get what you want. After all, you are always sacrificing yourself for me and I couldn't even love you back. But you do know, you will always be my number one."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Outside the door, Jungkook was standing after he overheard their conversation. He walked away from the room with a small weak smile plastered on his face. A smile of disappointment.

He closed the door of his room and looked at the cat toy on his bed. He sat down and held the toy in his arms. He recalled what Yoongi told him at the cafe before he came back home.

"He's her fiancé."

Jimin gave Yoongi a worried look. His Hyung gave him a reassuring smile and diverted his attention to Jungkook.

"Labelly that is."

"Labelly? What does that mean?"

"He's known as her fiancé but he means much more than that. Taehyung... that boy had always been by her side even more than me."