Chpater 28

(Y/N) opened her eyes slowly and the first thing in her sight was the white ceiling. The smell of medicine entered her nostrils without permission and she could hear the beeping of the machine that was situated beside her bed. She turned in that direction and saw the cardiac monitor with her heartbeat rate. She knew she was at the hospital.

Her throat was dry and she wanted to drink water. She tried getting up but she felt weak and heavy. She gave up trying to move and just hoped someone would just come in.

Lucky for her, someone did come. The door slid open, revealing her Brother entering the room. Messy hair, crumbled shirt and looking like a lifeless doll. Dark circle under his eyes were clearly visible and he was skinnier than the last time she recalled seeing him.

He hadn't noticed that she was awake. He walked towards her and placed a cup of coffee on the table. He turned to her and he jumped back.

Without any words, he hugged her. She was shocked by his sudden actions. She could tell that he was crying from the way his body was shaking.

"Thank you! Thank you!"

She had never seen him this way before and all she could do was to reach his hair and run her fingers through it. But she knew he was worried sick about her.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Everyone was in her room soon after Yoongi calmed down. Yoongi couldn't help but sit down as his legs had given in. He was weak and exhausted but using all his little strength to stay by her side. His hands holding onto hers tightly and staring at it.

She brought her other free hand and placed it over his. He finally lifted his head and his muscles relaxed when he saw his younger sister smiling to show that she's fine.

She had been asleep for three days after the surgery. They were worried that she might end up in coma if she didn't wake up by the fourth day.

Jungkook had woken up the day his operation was completed. He didn't have major injuries but he was not in the condition to move around.

Although that was what they said, she could tell that there was something else they were trying to hide concerning his condition.

She was definitely worried about Jungkook but there was something else that was occupying in her brain.

She looked around and noticed that there was someone missing.

"Where is TaeTae?"

None of them answered her. She observed each and every one of their faces and she could tell the uncomfortable look on all of them. The room fell into awkward silence and the atmosphere tensed up.

It was until Seokjin let out a sigh.

"I'll speak to her."

His voice sounded serious and the boys knew what it meant. They left one by one. Yoongi gripped onto her hand one last time.

"Remember. Everything you are about to hear... it's not your fault."

(Y/N) didn't really understand him but she nodded her head. Curiosity and worry was taking over her. She could tell something had happened to Taehyung. Something really bad and she would only know by listening to Seokjin.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Seokjin explained to her what happened that night of her surgery. Every single detail so that nothing was missed out.