Chapter 25

Jungkook stared at (Y/N) who had settled on the couch in the living room.

"Aren't you going to sit?"

He became flustered and quickly took a seat. He couldn't take his eyes off her as he couldn't believe that she was really sitting in front of him.

"How long are you going to stare at me?"

"Ah.. I'm sorry."

He played with his fingers nervously and cleared his throat to calm himself down.

"Ummm Jiminie-Hyung is not back yet."

"It's fine. I'm not here to visit him. I came to see you."

Jungkook was shook. His eyes were already very big but it grew even bigger and he was speechless. However, (Y/N) wasn't planning to waste any time.

"It's been 3 days already, bunny. I'll be honest with you. I didn't understand myself. I couldn't focus on my work and my mind is occupied with you. I miss your voice...no... I miss you, bunny."

He couldn't believe how straightforward she can be. It definitely made him happy but he didn't know if it was true.

In fact, he didn't want to even think about it because it was something he couldn't take out of his brain. It was tattooed on his mind that he couldn't get it out even if he wanted it to so badly.

"I...I think you are just confused."

His heart was ripping apart bit by bit.

"No I thought about it already. I'm not confused."

"(Y/N)! Please... please just forget about it. You don't need to care about someone like me."

"What's wrong with someone like you?"

He couldn't believe how stubborn she is being. He swallowed his saliva thickly as what he was about to say definitely broke himself.

"You...you are so high above. Everyone looks up to you. And...and I'm just a nobody."

"You are my everything."

He couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't believe anything she was saying. No... it's because he didn't dare to believe those words. He couldn't bring himself to.

"(Y/N)... you have Taehyungie-Hyung. H-he's your fiancé."

She looked at him confused and then bursted out laughing. Jungkook was definitely shocked when she starting laughing. He couldn't understand what was so funny. He wondered if he said something wrong.

"Taehyung is my fiancé. That's true but it's only to get public attention so that they do not continue pressing on him and his father's relationship."

"But...he's..."

Jungkook looked down, hesitating to speak. He knew he was being childish but he just didn't want to hurt himself.

His poor heart had been bandaged several times already. He didn't want the wounds to start opening again although it had already opened.

Love was supposed to be beautiful but it's dangerous for him as he's still unsure of her feelings.

(Y/N), on the other hand, knew exactly where this was going. Love was never something she really understood. She thought she loved Jimin but it just confusion that was developed when she became obsessed with his voice and as for Taehyung...

"True he's my first priority. That's because he loves me but I only see him as a Brother. He knew it and I knew he was hurting but he never showed it. Because he made that decision. So, I feel guilty and maybe that's why I feel responsible for breaking his heart despite knowing his feelings for me."

Jungkook nodded his head. He understood what she was saying but he was just too afraid. His heart had never pumped this fast until he met her. This feeling was new to him and it's scary.

He was about to say something when (Y/N) grabbed his collar and pulled him into a kiss.

It happened too fast that Jungkook didn't know how to react. Her lips were soft and tasted sweet. Both of their hearts were thumping loudly that it filled up the silence in the room. Their hearts were pumping messily but they were beating in one rhythm.

He didn't know how to describe this feeling but it was like he was in a whole new world. The most beautiful moment in his life.

She parted her lips and placed her hand on his cheeks. Her eyes looking straight into his.

"You are important to me, bunny. I know you cannot accept the reality because it seemed too perfect but I don't know why you think it that way. You are extremely special. And I know I'm not good at expressing my feelings and I'm way too straightforward. But I hope you can accept me for who I am. Even if you run away, I'll keep on chasing you. You are not a replacement, a toy or anything else. To me, you are Jeon Jungkook. The person I fell in love with."

"I-I'm...I'm so..."

Jungkook covered his face with his hands as he sobbed quietly. She was taken aback when he starting crying.

"W-what's wrong?"

He shook his head and chuckled a bit. He wiped his tears and smiled.

"I'm just so touched. No one told me anything like this before."

She ran her fingers through his hair and the corners of her lips quirked up. She looked at him fondly and he looked back at her.

"Will you believe me, Jungkook?"

"Yes. Yes I will believe you."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

"So this means that you officially belong to me and only me! You can't run away anymore."

"(Y/N)... you are scaring me..."

Jimin, on the other hand, had been standing in his garden as (Y/N) had forced him to stay outside while she talked to Jungkook. It had been really long that his legs were going numb and he wanted to cry. But then, he felt relieved that she had finally made decision for herself.

At least, it's mutual love.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

"Are you really sure with this?"

"Yes, Father. I am."

Mr Kim let out a sigh and passed Taehyung the file. On top of it was an airplane ticket which was scheduled to leave tomorrow.

"Aren't you going to tell her about this?"

He shook his head and smiled.

"I don't want to ruin her precious moment."