Chapter 8

Someone playing the piano could be heard. The most familiar song and the one that Taehyung could never forget.

He had just arrived back from the meeting with Yoongi and he went upstairs since he couldn't find (Y/N). He knew Jungkook would be there in the music room since it was evening but he wasn't expecting (Y/N) to be playing the piano. Not that song.

He didn't dare to enter the room. He just stood outside and listened to her play the piece until the end.

It was beautiful yet painful. Painful as the memories came back. His heart tightened and he clenched his chest. He couldn't bear the pain.

He decided to move away from the music room but saw Yoongi standing before him.

"Is everything ok, Taehyung?"

"Yes, Hyung."

Yoongi looked at the younger boy who had his head lowered. He knew what Taehyung was feeling.

"What's in the past remains in the past. I know it hurts but it's going to hold you back from everything."

"I know but..."

"How Long are you going to keep running away?"

Taehyung didn't know how to reply his Hyung. He never thought about it because life seemed normal to him. He knew it was wrong that he was always running away but it felt right.

It felt right because ....

"TaeTae!"

He turned around and saw (Y/N) staring at him with Jungkook beside her. He didn't mind him with her. It meant nothing to him.

"Oh TaeTae! When did you arrive back?" (Y/N) hopped towards him and pulled his arm. "Come in. Jungkook will sing another song."

His heart rate increased when he saw the person he loves. After all, he wasn't expecting anything from her. All he wanted was...

He turned to Yoongi and smiled.

"I just want this to last a bit longer."

Taehyung turned back to (Y/N) and grinned at her who was looking back at him with her eyebrow raised. She was confused by what he was saying to her Brother. He pushed her so that she was faced to the back and pulled her back towards the music room.

"You seem to be in a good mood, Tae."

Taehyung nodded and beamed at her as he dragged her inside. Jungkook just stood there and stared at the two of them, not knowing what to do.

"Come on, Jungkookie. I want to hear you sing too."

Jungkook nodded at Yoongi and followed the two in front. Yoongi looked at Taehyung who noticed and glanced back.

'I'm fine, Hyung.' He mouthed and then paid attention to Jungkook. Yoongi sighed and shook his head with a smile. He can never think of what's going on in the younger boy's mind.

He needed nothing else.

All he wanted was to be with her.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Taehyung sent Jungkook off by driving him back home. Taehyung made sure the younger one was feeling comfortable in the car and even turned on some music which they jammed along together. They actually got along pretty well.

(Y/N) didn't follow because she had to prepare for business dinner. Taehyung also didn't really have time to stay back for tea since he needed to rush back to accompany (Y/N) so he just dropped him off near the apartment.

Jungkook thanked him and watched him leave.

*They are really nice people and down to earth despite being so rich. They are really cool.*

He entered his apartment and said he's back although no one really replied him. It was just kind of his habit since he was young but in the past, it was livelier and his parents greeted him back.

He sighed and went to his mother's room. He placed his back on the nearest chair.

He checked his Mother and made sure her condition did not get worse before he took a shower. It was same as always. He cooked his dinner, checked his bills and gave his Mother her medicine.

But it was different that day. That day came sooner than he expected.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

He was busy calculating the bills as usual and counting money that he had saved so far. He didn't want to be an adult but he had to tackle such tedious tasks alone.

He was just doing normal things until he heard someone groaning. He quickly got up and rushed to his Mother's room.

"Mom?! What's wrong?"

His Mother was groaning in pain and was having difficult breathing. She was having a seizure. He didn't know what to do and started panicking.

"Mom please please! Say something."

Soon his Mother starting gasping for air. His worst fear started to dip into him. He was overwhelmed with fear and tears started to roll down his cheeks.

He couldn't help it. He's just around 20 year old boy who had been struggling his entire life. And now the only person who's been with him was suffering right before his eyes.

Fear of being alone and not having anyone made him scared. His mind went blank. He wanted to help her but he didn't know how. He didn't have anyone to contact. He didn't have anyone to ask help. He wanted someone. Anyone to just help him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

He got up so suddenly that he knocked down the bag that was on the chair. His bag was not completely zipped so all the contents inside dropped. He cursed a bit, tears still falling and picked up everything.

As he kept the things one by one, something caught his eye. A certain business card that he kept. He picked it up and swallowed his saliva thickly.

He didn't have a choice. He needed help.

His Mother's condition was getting worse as time passed by. He quickly keyed in the numbers written on the business card and dished it.

He hoped that person would pick it up hopefully. And luck was on his side, only after a few rings, the person answered him.

"Bunny? Is something wrong? It's pretty late you know."

Jungkook was desperate. He choked on his tears and sniffed a bit.

"Bunny?! Are you crying? Tell me what's wrong?"

"(Y/N)... my-my Mother... s-she's in pain. I d-don't k-know what to do. P-please help."

He stumbled over his words. He wasn't in the right state either. Who would be in this condition? He felt pathetic as he couldn't do anything.

He knew it was late at night. He knew he wasn't in the position to be asking for a favour. But that was his only hope. He just needed someone and he didn't mind if she couldn't help. He knew it was impossible for someone who has such a high status to care about someone like him.

But he was wrong.

"I'm coming over right now."