Chapter 23

(Y/N) head back home alone after the meeting since Taehyung had to stay back with his Father and Yoongi had to go to another meeting. She didn't mind since she knew Jungkook was home but she was still curious as to why Jungkook didn't stay for the meeting.

She arrived home and it was empty. She thought Jungkook might be waiting for her at the living room but it was not the case. She heard someone playing the piano. It was not a music or anything. It just sounded like someone playing it out of boredom.

She walked further and noticed the door of the music room was slightly open. She went there and just as she expected, Jungkook was sitting on the stool in front of her piano and pressing down some keys.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Jungkook didn't really notice that (Y/N) was there. His mind was full of thoughts. Thoughts he wanted answers as well as erase them all away because these thoughts were giving him pain.

He snapped out when he felt (Y/N)'s hand on his. His eyes moved from her hand to her face. Only then, he realised that she was there. Just looking at her caused his heart to start pumping faster and felt suffocated at the same time.

And it was beautiful yet painful.

"Bunny? Have you eaten?"

Jungkook nodded his head and slowly moved his hand away from him. His throat was drying up and he felt like someone was hammering his head because it was aching so much. The speed that his heart was beating was not something he could handle easily.

He was suffering.

(Y/N) felt that something was wrong. She kind of felt like Jungkook was trying to avoid her but she didn't know the reason why. Also, he didn't look very bright as well.

"Are you feeling well, bunny? Is something wrong?"

"N-nothing's wrong..."

He lowered his head and stared at his fingers as he couldn't bring himself to continue looking at her.

The more he see her, the more frustrated he felt.

"Bunny, it's okay if you don't want to tell me but why did you lie to Yoongi that you had to meet Jimin?"

"U-umm I was n-not feeling very well so I just wanted to stay at home and a-also I didn't want you to worry. I have drank medicine as well so don't worry."

Jungkook lied. He couldn't think of anything else but he didn't want her to stress on that matter any further. (Y/N) didn't really believe him but decided to leave it be. After all, his condition didn't really look good so his reason kind of matches the situation.

"Oh.. I see. T-then I guess I'll just stay here for a while. There's nothing for me to do anyways."

Jungkook nodded his head and slid a bit to the side so that (Y/N) could sit down.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

(Y/N) sat on the piano stool, right beside him. Thye were sharing a seat but the two didn't talk and the situation was turning awkward. They didn't know what to say. (Y/N) took out her phone and started playing games.

Jungkook, however, couldn't even focus on his phone. He was suffering even more.

His head was aching.

His heart was aching.

The space between the two was so small that they were almost touching which was making Jungkook to have difficulty breathing.

His head became clouded with thoughts of her and Taehyung. The impossibility of him and her. The thought of losing her.

He glanced at her and it was definitely a bad choice. He was caught off guard for a spilt second and it was all it took for him to fall for her all over again. He was caught in a dangerous world called 'love' and he couldn't get out of it.

He felt like spears were piercing through his heart. He shook his head quickly to snap out of his thoughts and stood up to leave quietly.

"What's wrong? B-"

She gasped and grabbed Jungkook's arms.

"What's wrong, bunny?! Why are you crying?"

Jungkook blinked and touched his face. It was wet from his tears that fell without him knowing. He gave out a dry laughter and wiped his tears.

"I-it's just that dust entered my eyes."

He wished it was true but his tears wouldn't stop. He saw (Y/N) looking at him worriedly and it pained him. He wanted to tell her it was nothing but he choked on his tears.

"Bunny! Tell me what's wrong?!"

He shook his head and bit his lips. He wanted to speak but he felt like there was a lump in his throat. All he wanted was to tell her everything was fine but his heart had completely dominated his brain.

He couldn't think clearly and dropped onto his knees. (Y/N) knelt down beside him and didn't know what to say. She was way too shocked to calm down and try to understand the situation.

"Please bunny. What's wrong? Are you not ok?"

"That's right! I'm not okay. I feel like going crazy! I feel like going crazy because I love you. I love you way too much, (Y/N) and I cannot... I cannot take it anymore."

She was taken aback when he shouted out his feelings. She wasn't expecting it and she didn't know how to react.

"I.. I love you too, bunny."

Jungkook shook his head and laughed. He swallowed his saliva thickly and wiped his tears.

"No... no you don't, (Y/N). Please don't say things you don't mean just to make me feel better. It's confusing me."

"I...I don't understand."

"What am I to you, (Y/N)? Am I a replacement? A toy? Someone you want to play with?"

She didn't know how to answer those questions. She was confused herself.

"N-no... you are-"

Her words were cut off when her phone rang. She checked it and it was Taehyung. Jungkook got it. He got his answers.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I was not being myself."

He walked out of the room, leaving her hanging. She didn't know if she should stop him or just leave him be. The phone was ringing way too long and she picked it up.

Jungkook stood outside of the music room. He hit his chest to stop his heart from beating too much and expecting the pain to go away. His tears were overflowing from his eyes and he couldn't stop it.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

He walked down the stairs and left the house without saying goodbye. He didn't have the heart to go back to her. He wouldn't be able to let her go. In fact, he still couldn't let her go.

It was dark and raining heavily. He just walked without a thought that he almost crossed the road while the car was coming.

Luckily the car stopped on time. He was shocked and stared at the driver coming out of the car.

"Yah! Are you cra- Jungkook?! What are you doing here? Did you get hurt anywhere?"

He continued staring at Jimin who was worriedly checking him from head to toe. He was soaking wet and he had lost all of his strength. The only thing he could hear was the sound of the rain hitting the ground and his heart thumping loudly inside his chest.

"H-Hyung..."

"Yeah Jungkook? What's wrong?"

It was no longer bearable. He hugged his Hyung and cried his heart out.

"I love her."