Chapter 6

Another evening at PJM cafe where Jungkook was doing his job per normal. He's definitely popular and the reason why the cafe was packed with many customers, especially girls, were because of his good looks and of course Jimin is included in that reason as well.

The main point is that he wasn't interested in any of them. However, he wasn't willing to just stand there and watch his customers get attacked for no reason.

A group of rude customers had been disturbing the rest of the customers since they arrived. He could totally tell that they did not come here to order but to cause trouble.

One reason he knew this was because they were thugs and the other reason was because they used to attend the same school as him. The one he dropped out from. They were quite popular troublemakers.

Not that they knew who he was or have anything against him. But the one thing that had been ticking Jungkook off was that they kept on making inappropriate remarks to the female customers and they did not understand the meaning of personal space.

He just put on a smile and did his best to serve them since he did not want to create bigger trouble. But then they were being very difficult. The girls were feeling very uncomfortable and scared by their presence.

He glanced over at Jimin who didn't seem to care and continued texting on his phone. Jimin never looked like he cared about the cafe but he's always there. He is the owner of the most successful food chain in the business industry. Yet he is always at PJM cafe.

Noticing his stare, Jimin turned to face him and then at the gang. "Can you handle it?" Jungkook nodded.

"Please, Sir. You are distributing other customers."

One of them got up and slammed on the table. "And so what do you want to do about it?" he snarled at him.

He sighed and tried to remain calm. "Please leave this cafe then."

"Then make me," he growled at him.

A door creaked open and (Y/N) walked in with Taehyung. They just continued walking towards the counter where Jungkook was, ignoring the men.

"Oh (Y/N)! You are here~"

Jimin beamed at her and she smiled back. Jungkook was shocked to find her here. He didn't want her to get involved in this mess. She then crossed her arms and looked at Jungkook.

"We need to go. Today is your first day, bunny."

Jungkook finally remembered that it was already evening. He nodded and started to pack his things. However, there was one thing they were forgetting.

The thugs were getting rather irritated being ignored. One of them tapped on (Y/N)'s shoulder and played with her hair.

"Would this pretty lady like to have fun with us?"

He got totally ignored. He was so embarrassed and it angered him. "You slut! How dare you ignore me?"

He grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around. Something clicked and he felt something pointed at his chin. He froze at that very moment. Everything happened too quickly.

Jungkook was shocked to see (Y/N) pointing a gun at that thug. Furthermore, Taehyung already had his gun aimed at the rest of the gang and so did Jimin.

And at that very moment, Jungkook saw blood thirst in their eyes and he knew that they did not hesitate to kill anyone at anytime.

"Do you still want to have fun...." (Y/N) smirked as she spoke and pressed the gun against his skin. "Running for your lives?"

Her voice sent shivers down the thug's spine. He fell onto the floor with eyes fixed on the gun. His life was threatened and he couldn't even move or rather didn't dare to.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

There were loud police sirens coming outside the cafe. Police cars were parked outside the cafe and the police surrounded the place. A tall police chief walked in, eyeing at the thugs. He shook his head and sighed.

"Did you call me for some mere criminal-wannabes?"

"Namjoonie-Hyung! But he almost attack (Y/N)!"

Namjoon gasped and ran towards (Y/N) as if on instinct. He observed her from head to toe and made sure she was fine. Jimin hopped over the counter and hugged (Y/N) tightly, saying how worried he was. Taehyung was also worried but he just stood at the side and stared at her.

"Stop overreacting," was all she said.

Jungkook was amazed by how all those were possible within a few minutes. He didn't really expect that Jimin was actually texting to his police Friend the entire time. Business world was definitely something out of this world.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

"And so this is where you will be singing."

Jungkook was 'shook' when he entered (Y/N)'s house. It was huge and marvellous like one of those mansions that billionaires live. He was surprised to actually know that there was a music room with two huge grand piano, black and white, in the middle and a microphone stand.

*so this is where I'll be singing,* he thought, feeling excited.

"Do you like it, bunny?"

He nodded several times. He did not like it. He loved it. He looked at (Y/N) who was busy looking through score sheets and thought, *Everything about (Y/N) is amazing.*

His thoughts were interrupted when someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around and saw Taehyung giving him a cup of juice. *He's Taehyung... I think.* He thanked the older boy who smiled back at him.

"Sorry I couldn't get you coffee. I just can't stand the smell."

He told her it was alright and drank the juice. *seems like she really hates coffee.*

Taehyung stood beside (Y/N) and helped her with everything she requested. Jungkook felt like the way she treats him was different from others. It's rather soft and caring.

He stared at Taehyung and wondered what's his relationship with her. He felt kind of jealous seeing the two together. *But why would I be? We just met and barely know each other.*

(Y/N) snapped her fingers to get his attention. "Back to earth, bunny." His cheeks turned red and he quickly erased all thoughts.

"Well, can you sing a bit?"

"Is there a song you want me to sing?"

(Y/N) hesitated to answer. She glanced at Taehyung for a bit without him noticing and shook her head.

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Since she did not choose any particular song, Jungkook decided to sing a song that he was familiar with. His emotions were clear in his voice, making the lyrics even more meaningful. It was definitely pleasing to her ears.

He was neither professional nor perfect, definitely not the type that would give one goosebumps.

But then again, 'perfection' was not what (Y/N) was looking for. She was looking for such a voice that reaches to her heart.

The voice continued to melt her from the inside. The sweet sound brought warmth and she couldn't think of anything but him.

For a moment, her heart started to pound.

And she knew she had made the right choice.