It couldn't be love...

Draco~

That was it. Carissa had threatened and hurt River one too many times. "Carissa, we need to talk." I said. She looked up smiling. "Yes, Dragon." That. Was. It. "Carissa, I don't like you and never will! You hurt River, and I hate you for it!" I said. We were alone in the hallway. She looked at me angrily. "Good thing I'm expelled, but, I will have you one day, Draco, one day." She said. I just glared at her as she walked off. River, I saw, was on crutches and was about to fall, but, I caught her. "Dragon!" She said trying to hug me. I laughed and we went back to our dorms. "Crap...I won't be able to get up the stairs..." she said. She looked upset. "Don't worry Love, they probably have something set up. I said.

River~

We arrived at the portrait and Draco opened it with the password and allowing me to go in first. I smiled and thanked him. I got out and into the common room. Then everyone jumped from behind objects "SURPRISE!" They all yelled I smiled and laughed. I had been knocked to the ground by surprise and now Draco was by my side. I looked into his eyes and saw someone I liked. No, loved. He smiled back down on me and helped me up. I hugged all my friends. But needing a break, I stepped out into the hallway without anyone noticing. "River!" Called someone. I looked over to see Ron, one of my friends, Draco didn't know we were friends. "Oh, hey Ron!" I said cheerfully. We walked away from the portrait and just walked around the school. Ron smiled at me and blushed as he saw I caught him. "Is everything alright Ron? You seem, distracted..." I say slowly. "Nothing wrong at all. Just, I love spending time with you." He said, and then looking like he regretted his words. I felt hurt. "What? Was that meant for another girl?" I asked angrily. He looked at me. "No, just embarrassed I spilled my secret..." he said. I nodded. Blushing slightly. "Why do you hang out with Draco so much?" He asked. I was shocked, people hadn't asked me this since first year. "I, well. He's my, we're kinda, dating..." I say. He was shocked. "Omigosh are you okay? Is he forcing you? How long?" He said firing questions at me. "1. Yes. 2. No! 3. Since a month ago." I said. He nodded. "Well, see ya Carmen." He said walking away. I kept walking. Until somebody grabbed my wrist. "River. Tell me what's going on." Harry said. I looked at him shocked, and then angry. "Let go Harry." I said. "Tell me. Is it true." He asked sounding...sad? "If what is true?" I said getting annoyed. "Are you dating, Draco the jerk. The Slytherin prince? The boy that calls himself king?" He asked. I stood there shocked. I nodded. "Now let go! Please!" I said. Draco appeared behind me. "Let her go Potter!" He said. Harry let go. I saw the redness on my wrist from Harry. They started there spells. But, I didn't need to stop them this time, for someone else did. "Are you insane?! You could get hurt! And also, do you not realize that River is right in the middle of all this?! Stop it, both of you!" She yelled. I just ran. I didn't care where I was going. Just as long as I got away. I ran to the quittich field. I always felt safe there. That's when I saw my two brothers, surrounded by dementors, fainted. "No!" I cried. I ran to there sides. I then turned to see the dementors gone. "How could you!" I screamed at the sky. Then, Draco came out with Harry. They both took one of my arms, but I pulled away. "Don't you, even touch me." I said. "Now, make yourselves useful and go get some help! Please!" I cried. Five minutes later, they came out with teachers. I had laid my now conscious brother Tyler's head on my lap. "Riv," he said.
"Yes I'm right here what is it?"
"You need to see her."
"Who?"
"Her."
"Okay."
The teachers and students got to them and I was by both my brother's sides.

Draco~

I felt heartbreak every time she cried. At least she loves school.

The oaf is teaching us about hippogriffs. Ugh. The oaf. Wait till my father here's about how we were taught by an oaf.

River~

"D-d-dementor!" Said Draco pointing at the sky. Harry looked up and Draco laughed. I hated it. Why did Draco have to hurt Harry all the time. I just put my hood up and read my book. I put on my fake glasses. I looked like someone else. "Hey, have you seen River?" Draco asked this question several times until he came to me. "Hey have you seen..." he trailed off. He lifted my chin up. "Love-" he was cut off by Hagrid. "Crap! Frigging shortness sucks!" I say. "Stupid tall people." I mumble. Suddenly, someone lifts me up. I look down to seen Draco. "Thanks!" I whisper. I see Harry bowing to the hippogriff. "It's beautiful..." I said. Draco looked at me questioningly as he put me down. "What are you talking about?" He asked. I pointed to the majestic hippogriff he nodded. Harry rode the hippogriff for five minutes and then it landed again. Draco did something didn't want him to do. He handed me his bag. "I bet this is easy, if Potter can do it." He said. "You ugly beast." He said. He was scratched and I watched blood ooze from his arm. "Draco!" I gasped. No, no, no! Not another pain. I quickly ran after Hagrid as he carried Draco. "Wait until my father hears about this!" He said. I stopped. No! He was going to get Buckbeak killed and Hagrid fired! I felt a fire go through me. I was angry. I ran to the common room and grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill. It was a letter to Draco.

Dear Draco,
Meet me by the tree at three on Saturday. Don't be late!
~River

I sent it to the hospital wing and went off to my next class.

Draco~

I looked at the letter again and again. Why? Was there something we needed to talk about? Oh crap. I'm done for. Why can't she just tell me?! I sat in the hospital bed thinking it over. Why can't we talk about it now. Never mind. I'll think about it later I'm to tired to think right now...