Christmas, alone

*River*

I woke up in my empty dorm and walked downstairs. I felt so lonely. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in Slytherin went home for Christmas, except me...I looked under the tree and found it empty except for the other presents I had put there. I didn't expect anything, I never did, it's just. Sigh. I wish they could care about me like I care about them. I sit on the couch curled up. I cry into myself and just feel so hurt. I walk down at lunch and sit down alone. I put my dark hood up and changed my hair to chocolate brown. I see people enjoying Christmas with their friends. I get up and go to Hogsmeade. I run to my house, tears in my eyes and go in. I go to my bedroom and flip on the bed. I feel myself jump as I hear a knock on the door. It had to be a stranger. I'm pretty sure Harry, Ron, and Hermione went home, so did Draco. I chose between a pickle and wand. "Eat my pickle!!!" I yell, throwing a pickle at someone. I look and see I threw it at Harry. "Whoops..." I say giggling. He laughs and gives me a hug. "I've missed ya Riv," he says. I nod into his shoulder, "Missed ya too!" I say happily. "Oh, also, why did you throw a pickle at me?" He asks. "Well simple, I had to choose between my wand, and a pickle. I chose the obvious answer!" I say holding in a laugh. Harry laughs and we sit on the couch. "Want some hot chocolate or something to eat?" I ask. He smirks evilly. "Nope, I think I'm good with the pickle you threw at me." He says. I laugh. I remember that. It was wen we were kids and I, I was lonely on Christmas. I shiver slightly at the thought and continue making the hot chocolate and getting the Christmas cookies. I then look down on one of the cookies, it was a black dog, like my dad. I just ran out to Harry and collapsed in his arms crying. He holds me close and strokes my hair. "It's gonna be okay, shh."