Abandoned Homes//Cow Chop

Your POV

Aleks, Brett, Anna and I recently discovered an abandoned home about 20 minutes from my place.  Me, being the adventurous asshole that I am told the crew about it and most of them had no interest in this, claiming it sounds 'too spooky'.

"I'm so fucking excited! I'm what? 22 and I haven't done these in at least 6 fucking years!" We were walking to the crusty but interesting home considering it'd be more dangerous with a car. "Now explain to me why you couldn't have gone by yourself hm?" Brett asked with a slight smirk while kicking a broken beer bottle.

"i'd rather find stuff with people I enjoy then constantly be on edge" I replied kicking the same bottle into the street causing Brett to stop playing soccer.

It was about 10pm so if there is a homeless person in there it'll be all the more spooky!   We approached the house with bushes surrounding it and empty beer cans scattered all through out the driveway. The actual house was up a 30 ft driveway that had a garage at the end that looked it was gonna drop any second. Aleks started reading the sign on the door "THIS HOME HAS BEEN FOUND UNOCCUIPED AND A DANGER TO CITIZENS" I read over his shoulder. "Well, if a ceiling caves in on us just blame it on Y/N" Aleks said. Anna and Brett nodded in agreement. "We going in through the front door or-" Before Anna could finish I had already opened the front door with a loud creak. I quickly turned on my flashlight and told the other not to simply because it would be too concerning to neighbors.

"Okay so there is stairs right here"- Brett motioned to the right of us, "and the backdoor is well, in the back"

All the furniture had been left there and some photos. I picked up one and discovered the photo frame held a picture of a family. They seemed normal so I'm hoping we don't find fucked up shit in here.  I heard Anna gag as she opened the bathroom door. "Someone took a shit in the sink!"

"Out of all the doors you could've opened it had to be the bathroom?" Aleks asked as he opened the fridge to only discover moldy bread. Brett sighed as he began his walk upstairs. I followed behind him looking at the paintings on the wall as you went up the stairs. The painted walls were starting to chip and one of the paintings had been violently ripped off the wall. "Turn on your flashlight" I told Brett when I felt a weird feeling as we moved forward. I looked to my right and discovered a door as I was opening it I heard something crash and break downstairs.

"Aleks? Anna? You alright?" I called out.

Aleks approached the bottom step and replied "I might have broken a vase after I tripped on a curled up rug!" I rolled my eyes and pushed the door to its full extent only to find out I was in a little girls room-used to be. "This is just straight up creepy! This bitch really left her dolls to fucking stare at me!" I laughed. "Don't think that was her intention"

I noticed the bed had no sheets but a crusty pillow laid at the head of the bed. "HOLY SHIT!" Anna screamed causing us all to shush her. "No, guys um, no one brought drugs and decided to just leave them here, right?"

I looked at Aleks who just straight up looked terrified. "Why are you so fucking scared?"

"Um, just stay calm ok?" "I am perfectly calm Aleksandr so you-" "Y/N! Shut up!"

I looked at Brett surprised he would even think of saying that but quickly turned my eyes to the area he was pointing at. An old man was sitting on the bench in the back, staring at us. "Is he dead or straight up staring at us?" Aleks questioned.  I heard Anna gasped and started pacing making the whole house creak. I grabbed her shoulder and rubbed her back. "I mean, his eyes are open"

I gave Brett an 'office' like stare and replied with "Usually that opens when you DIE"

I quickly looked for a weapon while the others kept their eyes on the man. He had a long white beard, quite skinney and wore ripped clothing. "He is the creepy Santa" Anna remarked as she walked towards me. I cringed as I touched something slimy but grinned when I noticed a pipe next to the sticky mess.

" I am going out there!" "what?!" The group replied in unison. I picked up a plate and threw it at the man just seeing if he was dead or not. The man quickly reacted and started marching towards the house. "You fucking dumbass!" Aleks shouted as he made his way for the back porch.

"Is this how we die? Who is gonna find us?" Anna panicked. Aleks stood on the porch and watched the man start to slow down and just sit. Aleks whispered "He is under the window, we can jump off the porch and jump the fence"

I nodded as I made my grip on the pipe tighter. "Wait, Y/N, give me the pipe!" Brett tried to grab it and I pulled away. "No, fuck you!" "Just-"

I looked at the old man as he stared at us with menacing blue eyes. I wasn't thinking as he started climbing the water gutter and the rusty pipe flew out of my hands and hit the man in the face. He slid down the gutter and fell on his back. "Um, WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I ushered them to just go over  the railing as the man started to bleed. "Y/N if you killed-" "Fucking go"

They jumped over the fence and kept shouting my name as I walked towards the wounded man. His just was going up and down but he was definently knocked. "Sorry bud"

I ran towards the fence and scalled it and met with the others. We walked home as I called 911 via anon and let everything sink in.