You Were Gone in the Blink of an Eye

Thank you all for the reviews, I appreciate them tremendously. As most of you know, this is a rated M book, and this chapter is a good reason why this book is M. Please know there is violence, and other things in this chapter. Read at your own risk.

"Jay, are you sure you want to go out? We don't have too. We can order room service or something." Erin snuggled more into his embrace.

After having a much needed four hour nap, the new couple was in the midst of trying to decide what to do for the night.

"Erin, I made reservations, so we are going. Go get ready, and dress nice. Our reservations are at seven forty five." Jay kissed her shoulder, and sat up, Erin still curled into his chest.

"Okay, Jay. I'll only be about a half and hour." Erin replied, giving Jay a kiss on the lips, before heading into the bathroom, starting her usual makeup routine.

A whole day at the spa meant multiple things. No shower, already took one. Flawless hair and shiny nails. Erin was thankful the spa day was today and not tomorrow like it was originally planned. But that decision, she would learn to regret. Both of them would.

Erin threw on her baby blue striped romper, a white bralette finishing the touch. Her white sandals complimented the bralette well, and the loose curls her hair sported wrapped it all together. "Jay, you ready?"

Jay turned around, and his mouth instantly dropped. She was flawless. Every. Single. Thing. About. Her. "Baby, you look beautiful." He slowly walked to the middle of the room, meeting her halfway, pulling her close to him. "You look perfect."

Erin looked up at her partner, nothing but love shining in his eyes. She cupped his face, kissing him deeply. Their lips synced as if nothing else existed except the two of them. They were oblivious to the rest of the world. They took the time to explore every inch of each other's mouths. Their eyes of love never leaving each other.

"We better go." Jay grinned, holding Erin's face captured in his hand, caressing her cheek.

"You're probably right. It's seven twenty, don't want to be late. Are we walking?" Erin blushed, her hands resting on Jay's shoulders.

"No, it's rained earlier, and the sidewalks are damp, I called an Uber for seven thirty, is that okay?" Jay kissed her hand, holding it in his.

"Sounds great." Erin beamed, walking out of the room, Jay right beside her. The moment they both got in the elevator, Jay slipped his hands around her waist, Erin wrapping hers around his neck.

"What shall we do tonight?" Jay playfully teased Erin, making her roll her eyes.

"Well detective, what do you want to do? I have a few ideas." Erin shot back. Two can play this game. She was going to challenge him, just like she always did.

Jay lowered his mouth to her ear, his tongue snaking out of his mouth, outlining the shape of her ear." I do as well."

A quiet moan escaped Erin's lips at Jay's movement. "Tell me them." She demanded hoarsely.

The two detectives were caught up in the moment, they didn't hear the sound of elevator doors opening to the second floor where three other detectives stood in the doorway. "And presenting the Halstead's everyone."

The two tore apart from each other as if it was forbidden love, embarrassed. They both looked at each other, deciding who would talk.