I Am a Better Person Because of You

Hey y'all! I am terribly sorry for the delay, but by Friday I'll have two chapters up! I've been with my family as my sibling got surgery, but everything is okay!

And WHOA! That Season 5 premiere got to me. As soon as SVU ended and I heard that opening song came on I broke down and started sobbing! My friend was snapchatting me, and did not know how to handle my hysterical self. I'm not sure how I feel about Upton and Halstead... I don't like it. I hope they are really good partners, and have a friendship like Severide and Shay. I'd love to see her with Kevin!!

Hope you enjoy this chapter, and make sure to drop a comment on this chapter and what you thought about the Season 5 premiere! I'd love to chat!

Erin's eyes fluttered open, and took in the surroundings of her bedroom for the next six nights. After a day of giving the gang the grand tour of Brittany's property, and of Piedmont, they grilled and got in early.

She sighed as she felt Jay's arms around her middle, and she smiled to herself. Erin tolled over, Jay repositioning his arms. "Jay." She whispered, poking his shoulder.

His brow furrowed and he opened his eyes, showing he was still half asleep. "What?" He questioned, digging his head into her neck.

"Let's go look at the creek. It amazing when the sun is rising." Erin's voice was filled with arousal. She remembered being in Jay's position four years ago. Brittany came into her room and dragged her out of bed, and they walked the trail and Erin saw one of the best sights she had ever seen.

"Fine." Jay yawned, tolling out of bed. He and Erin slipped on their tennis shoes, and walked into the large living room, seeing Antonio and Mouse asleep on the red couches.

They made their way into the kitchen, Al and Hank sipping on their coffee mugs. "Where are you two going? It's not even seven."

"I wanted to show Jay the Auburn. You know, all the red rocks I showed you yesterday? They call it Auburn rock, and it's gorgeous in the morning." Erin's eyes shined with excitement.

This place was special. It was all nature, and no technology. It was untouched by the modern world, and was breathtaking. She wanted Jay to see it for himself.

"Okay. See how the creek is. If it is high enough, then we can river raft. Or even just swim in the swimming hole. Just so everyone can get used to it." Hank sipped on his coffee, looking out the window. "It's a beautiful place, kid."

Erin smiled, nodding her head. "Yes. I love it so much." Erin looked over to Jay who was messing with his Fitbit impatiently. "Okay, we will be back in a while."

Jay looked around the atmosphere. It was breathtaking. The house and yard was surrounded by tall trees, spruce and oak. The smell was fresh. No city smell. The pathway, or the driveway, was surrounded by trees.

"What's that?" Jay pointed to the small plants growing on the side of the driveway. Once you got towards the end of the trail, it opened up, both sides being deforested, small green and purple plants replacing the trees.

"It's a butterfly habitat. Brittany's cousin signed a grant with the state. It benefits Brittany because Game Warden patrols through here weekly, and since nobody is down here everyday they keep an eye on the place." She stopped in front of the habitat, taking the sight in.

Erin loved it here. It was a way to escape the real world. It was quiet and isolated. Not many people knew about Piedmont, but Erin would never complain. It was nice to have the lake to themselves.