Living A Two Sided Life

Hey lovelies! I'm back, and better than ever. I wanted to dedicate a few weeks to a social media detox, just to regain who I am and see what life is without social media.

Some of you may think this story is drawn out, and some of you might not. Please let me know if you'd like to see this story continued or not.

Without further ado:

He kept staring at the clock. It went by so slowly. He looked over to the board, and set down his pencil. He didn't know. And he didn't care. He wouldn't need to know any of this stuff for his career. "Jaxton?" The teacher's voice boomed through the class. He was snapped back to reality. "What would we need to do next? After metaphase."

He felt all the heads turn towards him, all eyes on him. He understood school to an extent, but Biology? Hell no. He wouldn't need to know this. He didn't want to go into a medical or science field, at the moment. He shrugged his shoulders in defeat, sighing. Ten more minutes. Ten more until spring break. Only an hour before his family and Carson's would meet at O' Hare to catch their five twenty five flight straight to Phoenix, only twenty minutes from Sloan Park, home of the Cubs Spring Training.

The teacher didn't try to press him any further, and moved onto the next student. "Kameron? Do you know? What happens after metaphase?"

"First off, it's Kami. Second, Anaphase comes next," The voice spoke boldly, closing her book. "Then telophase and cytokinesis. Simple."

The teacher, Mrs. Davis, applauded her, nodding. "For once the new girl actually knows something. Good job, Kami." She smiled saying her name correctly.

Jaxton rolled his eyes at Mrs. Davis' comment, packing up his books as the hour was about to end. He had known Kami for almost a month now. She had moved in with Carson, as they adopted her since her parents were getting deployed. In the month Jaxton and Kami had known each other, Jaxton couldn't stand the girl. Yes, her ginger hair and freckles were breathtaking, but her ego was way to bold for him. She always had to be right. She was smart and athletic. She was too much like him. And he couldn't stand it.

"Let's go, nerd." He looked up to face the girl himself. They all had to go back to his house, and his parents would take the three teens to the airport, Carson's parents showing up later with their luggage.

"Shut up, Kami," He'd reply, walking out of the classroom with Kami on his hip. "Just because you just moved here doesn't mean you can call me names."

Kami would grab his bicep. She was a few inches taller than Jaxton, the both of them were tall for their age. "Jax, calm down," She stopped them both in the main lobby. "I don't mean to come off as a bitch, but that's who I am. I don't mean to be rude either, okay? I'm sorry."

Jaxton nodded, avoiding her eye contact. "Okay." He simply replied. He wasn't going to argue with her anymore. "Let's go. Carson is probably already in the car." The two walked out the doors side by side, and already spotted the black GMC waiting up front. They walked to the truck, opening the doors.

"Hey kiddo," Jay smiled at his son who hopped into the back seat. "Hey Kam." Jay couldn't stop but think how damn lucky he was. For not even being thirty, he had it made. He had a beautiful, breathtaking wife, a teenage son, and twins on the way. He had an outstanding job and house, and the most supportive friend group. He loved it.

"Hey dad," Jaxton replied, eyeing Carson from the front seat. He really did not want to be sitting with the ginger next to him on the plane. The two boys' eye contact spoke unspoken words, and soon Carson burst out laughing at Jaxton's begging eyes.

Jay looked over at the two, and seemed to catch on to their unspoken language. "What is it?" Carson gave him a questioning look. "Don't look at me like that. We both know you two are speaking through eye contact."