The Year's Shadow

Happy 2018, everyone! I'm looking forward to this year, expanding my writing! Thank you all for the reviews! Both good and bad! The criticism inspires me to do better on my writing skills! Really though, thank you all for the advice! I loved it. And thank you for the good as well, love you all!

All facts about an OBGYN are from my cousin Matt! He is an OBGYN and has been for sixteen years :))

Enjoy!

"Have you decided on the cake yet?" Erin and Jay were currently sitting on their couch with their wedding planner, Bailey, and discussing loose ends. Jay and Erin still had not decided on the cake, or the table layout. They found out a mere twenty four hours ago they were going to have a baby. A baby that was made by the both of them. They would be raising it and protecting he or she.

"No," Jay looked to Erin. "Our godson was born yesterday, and with Jaxton's tournament we have been distracted." Keeping this baby on the down low for the next four weeks would be beyond difficult.

"Guys," Bailey looked at the young couple. "I understand you've been busy, but let's get all of those details off the table today." She looked down at her planner for Erin and Jay. "Do you have to be anywhere today?" They both shook their heads. "Great, then we will use that follow up appointment. When you both went to do cake testing last week, I had them book a follow up just in case, so let's use it. Have you guys narrowed the flavors down at all?"

"Actually, we've gotten that far." Erin smiled, whipping out her phone and going to her notepads. "We wanted to do three of four layer cake. Chocolate and vanilla for sure. We have no idea what type to do. German, dark, rich, we don't know."

Bailey nodded as she rapidly wrote down all the notes for later. "Okay. And for the other two flavors?"

"Red velvet and spice, maybe?" Jay shrugged his shoulders. "We have how many people rsvp'd?"

"Right now, one ten. And you have around twenty maybes. I'll be calling to do a checkup next week."

"You know, they should have- we should have, included a cake survey. As long as I can marry Erin, I'll survive." Jay smiled at the thought of being able to marry Erin in a few short weeks. And come August, they'd be parents.

Erin an Bailey both laughed at Jay's comment. "Okay, next question, what about alcohol choice? It's going to be an open bar, and all. They cover the alcohol, but need to know what kind you both will drink the most." She had a list of questions that needed to be answered today.

Erin quickly shot a glance in Jay's direction that told him not to spill the secret. And luckily for them, two years of being partners allowed them to develop a conversation with no words. So, Bailey didn't pick up on the silent conversation they were sharing. "Wine, beer, mimosas, margaritas, the whole nine yards. We will be drinking lightly. We want to somewhat remember the night." Jay laughed softly, Erin nodding.

"Ah, okay. Now, first song? We need to give the DJ a list of usable songs he can put on the slow dance." Bailey got up and got a drink of water from the fridge. Being Adam's sister, she had many benefits. She knew Erin and Jay from the wedding, and they quickly hit it off. So when Erin and Jay got engaged, they gave her a call.

Erin blushed, looking over to Jay. "Amazed by Lone Star." That song had been a special one. It was one of the songs played at Kim and Adam's wedding. They both fell in love with it, but it didn't come up until they were given the task to pick one out a few nights ago.

"Good choice. That's one I've heard, but I think you'll be the first clients to use it." She smiled, making a note in her planner.

"And I emailed you a few songs Jay and I decided on for our first dance with Camille, Hank, Jax, etc." Erin nodded.