Nature is Even Better Than it Seems

Good evening everyone! I hope everyone had a good week! And today is the first day of Fall! That means PSL'S! And did you guys see that new promo of 5x01? Crazy. Let me know your guys' opinions! Here is a new chapter, I hope you enjoy!

Erin and Jay glimped over at each other as they rolled their suitcases against the concrete sidewalk of District Twenty One.

The moon wasn't even up all the way, and half of the unit were zombies. Jay and Erin were the first to arrive for the twelve hour bus ride, and was not expecting this type of bus.

"Did Hank really buy a bus with beds? It's not like we are going on a cross country tour." Jay climbed the stairs onto the bus. As he walked in a few seats welcomed him, then there was the kitchen, bathroom, and four beds. Jay looked behind him, searching for Erin. "Erin." Jay called.

"What?" Erin asked, rolling her suitcase through the charter bus. "This is nice." She looked around the bus, setting the suitcase against the wall.

"You know what is even nicer?" Jay smirked, taking Erin's hands. He pulled her to the four bed bunks. "These." He opened the curtain and showed Erin the fairly decent size bed.

"Jay, do you not notice how low the ceiling is? We will hit our heads so many times." Erin pointed to the low ceiling.

"That's why the top ones are bigger." Jay exclaimed, opening the top one in an instant. The ceiling was higher, and there was more space. "See we can totally pull it off. Voight decided to leave at midnight because there will be less traffic, and everyone will be asleep." Jay desperately wanted to do this. Even though they were going on a team retreat, he still would have some fun with Erin.

She rolled her eyes. "Jay, you think we can be quiet enough? Last time I checked, we aren't the quietest people." Erin glanced at the other beds. "And I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable with Voight a foot away."

"That, my love, is why there is another set in the back. There is like nine of us going so there is eight beds." Jay pulled her deeper into the bus, going to the back. Jay opened a curtain to a top bunk, and it was a little bit bigger than the previous one. "We can make sure Voight is in the other one, and I'll make sure you stay quiet, Erin." Jay put both of their suitcases in their own bunks, claiming it was theirs.

"You're lucky I love you." Erin rolled her eyes, Voight greeting them when they got off the bus.

"Morning Lindsay, Halstead." Voight nodded, looking down at his watch. "You two are the only ones here and we leave in twenty minutes."

Jay took a sip of his coffee, biting back a laugh. "We even got donuts. I put them in the fridge. You see, we are just really fast people."

The threes detectives looked to the front doors of District Twenty One as Platt and Alvin walked out. "Morning, Hank." Alvin yawned.

"It's actually midnight." Antonio grinned, walking up to the small group with Kevin and Mouse behind him. "Sorry I'm late, I went to pick up those two." Antonio nodded his head to the back.

"We still have ten minutes, so we are early." Adam spoke up as a six month pregnant Kim gripped his hand.

"Kim, you do realize you don't have to come right? We don't want you to be in pain." Trudy spoke, taking a look at Kim's current state.

"No, I'm okay. Dr. Schull has me on a new morning sickness pill, so I'm getting used to it. And I got my flu shot yesterday, so yeah." She smiled weakly.

Voight looked around, everyone seeming to be present. "Okay, listen up. This is a bus, everyone should have their own beds. It's a twelve hour ride, and when we get six hours into it, we will probably stop and get breakfast. We should be there around noon, but with eating two meals, and stopping in Farmington for food and kayaks, it will probably be two. There is wifi, and a dvd player I brought so just get some sleep."