A Grand Adventure is About to Begin

The sound of the phone shrieking tears Erin and Jay out of a much needed slumber. They would wake up, go to work, take Jaxton to basketball practice, go back to work, pick him up, pack for the move, wedding plan, and repeat. They barely got an ounce of sleep. Tonight- three weeks before their wedding and days before their move- they finally went to bed by midnight.

"Hello?" Jay asked, his voice coated with sleep and grogginess.

"Kim is in labor." Adam spoke. Jay could hear the excitement in his best friend's voice. "She woke up and her water broke. We drove to Med and Dr. Davis, you know, Kim's new OBGYN, said she is eight centimeters dilated. You and Erin need to get here quick." Adam spoke as he looked at his wife grunting in the bed.

"Adam, get your ass over here!" She yelled at her husband.

Jay laughed lightly hearing his friend getting his ass handed to him. "Okay. Go help your wife. We'll be there soon." He hung up and turned over. Erin was still asleep, her head shoved into her pillow and her body in fetal position. Jay didn't want to wake her, but he knew she would want to be there for her best friend. They were godparents, after all. "Erin." He shook her shoulder.

She groaned in response, rolling over to rest her head on her fiancé's chest. "What?"

Jay sighed, and began to draw circles up and down her back. She had been sick and feeling nauseous so much lately, and sleep was her only time of peace. "I really hate to wake you-"

"Then why did you?" She asked.

"If you'd let me finish," He chuckled, "That was Adam. Kim is eight centimeters dilated. We need to get to the hospital." He explained.

Erin sat up. "Really?" She asked eagerly. "We have to go! We gotta drop Jax off at Hank's!" Erin sprang out of bed, quickly regretting her decision as she toppled back to the ground, Jay rushing to her aid.

"Erin?" He asked, supporting her as she dropped her head into the crook of his neck.

"I need... waste paper.... can." She muttered. Jay rushed to it, and handed it to her. The contents of Erin's stomach couldn't wait any longer. Jay held her hair back as she groaned into the bin. She steadied herself on her two arms. She shook her head, signaling to Jay she was no where near close to being done. With his hand, he ran it across her sweat coated forehead. "It hurts." She groaned, round two emptying itself. They stayed like that for a few more seconds before a knock at the door steered their thoughts.

Jaxton stepped not the room cautiously, surveying the scene. "Is mom okay?" He asked, stepping closer to his adoptive parents.

"Yeah, she just ate the wrong thing." Jay patted her back. "Hey, Kim and Adam are having their kid. Do you want to go to the hospital with us, stay here, or go to grandpa's?"

"Uhh." Jaxton looked at his mom who was slowly recovering. "Can I just go back to sleep? I'll be fine here and someone can pick me up when Brysen is here." He offered.

Jay looked over to Erin who was still facing the trash can. "That works. I'all call you later. Get some sleep, and we love you." Jay smiled before Jaxton smiled and left the room. "Are you okay, Erin?"

Erin nodded, wiping her mouth off with the back of her hand. "Yeah.. yeah." She whispered, using Jay's arm for support as they both slowly stood up. "I'm going to go brush my teeth, and throw on some clothes."

Jay followed her into the bathroom, setting a towel out. "While you get ready, I'm going to shower." He kissed her cheek, stripping himself of his sleepwear. "And are you sure you're okay? You've been feeling nauseous for the past few weeks." He eyed his fiancé.