In The End, You'll Always Be Here

Hey y'all! So sorry for the long break. I'll explain it in the end! Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm slowly healing. And guys.

We hit 1,000 on my instagram! My mind is blown and I'm beyond thankful. Thank you guys!

I hope you all are ready for some Linstead smut because it snuck in here.

"Baby, this will be fun." Jay promised.

Jay and Erin had been in the car for an hour, on the way to Jaxton's basketball tournament in Moline. It was snowing lightly, but it was suppose to pick up within the next hour.

Erin shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah, it'll be fun to get away for a few nights." It was a Thursday. But it was suppose to snow four to six inches overnight, so the team decided it would be best to leave a night early.

Jay shook his head. Erin had been quiet since she and Jaxton got home. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes."

"Erin." Jay began. She was restless in her sleep, and she didn't laugh often. "You're not okay. If you were, then you'd be laughing and demanding to drive. You've been quiet the whole way up."

"Jay," Erin looked out the window off into the snow. She didn't want to talk about this. She didn't want to talk about how she almost lost her son.

"Erin, I'm not going to argue with you about this. I want you to go see Dr. Gorelik." Jay looked at his fiancé.

"Jay," Erin rose her voice. "I. Don't. Need. To. Go." She rolled her eyes. "I'm fine. I'm alive. Jax is alive. We are all fine."

"You see Erin," His blood was boiling. Why did she always try to be so strong? "I love you, you know that. I'm your partner, best friend, fiancé, the father of our kid, and I'm your support system. That's what I'm here for. And I'm not going to let you shut me out. I love you too much for that baby."

Erin couldn't stop the hot tears falling from her lashes. Her body shivered when she leaned her head against the cold window, quickly pulling back. "I'm sorry."

Jay's heart broke seeing his fiancé broken. "Sorry for what? You have nothing to be sorry for." He rested his free hand on her shoulder.

"For being a screwup. For almost getting Jax killed. I'm a terrible mom and fiancé. I can't even handle a teenager, let alone a baby in the future." She threw her head in her hands.

"Baby, stop." Jay pulled the car over, quickly coming to her side. "You are amazing." He kissed her temple, wiping her tears away with the pads of his thumbs. "Erin, you are the best girl I could ask for. And Jaxton is the luckiest kid on the earth having you as his mother. You're not a screwup. And it's not your fault Charlie found you both, okay? Everyone loves you so much."

Erin buried her head into his chest, gripping onto his T-shirt. "I'm sorry." She sobbed.

Jay wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight. "It's okay, I'm here."

"Jax and I almost died." A whole week of fear and emotions came tumbling out of Erin.

"I know, baby. But hey, you're okay. You're alive. We are all alive. Jaxton is alive. It's all okay. He can't hurt us anymore." Jay soothed.

Erin's body started trembling as she dug her head deep into her fiancé's shoulder. "Why did he do it?"

Jay didn't know what to say. He didn't know why Charlie would do it. Fear? Payback? Revenge? Just for the fun of it? Satisfactory? "I don't know." He sighed, running his hands through her hair. "But He is gone. He will never be able to hurt you again. None of us."