I Have Loved You Since Day One

Hey y'all! What did you think of last night's PD episode? I was not having it with Upton and Jay talking about going to get drinks. And Jay seemed jealous of Hailey's friend. I'm scared now. Like a lot. Jay can't be with anyone else.

Also, everyone and anyone involved with the Texas shooting is in my thoughts. Thank you all for the reviews and PM's. I'm now almost back to normal. I still have no voice though.

So to cheer everyone up, here is a new chapter:

Jay sat alone in the school pickup line. This was the routine for the past three days. Erin would finish paperwork and Jay would pick Jaxton up from school, and they would go home to start dinner.

"Hey Jay." Jaxton opened the car door, sliding into the front seat. "I made the basketball team."

Jay leaned over and gave Jaxton a hug. "Congrats, buddy." He made sure Jaxton was buckled before driving off. "When does practice start?"

"Monday. It varies on time, but it's usually three to five." Jaxton looked down at his phone. "Since we had dinner last night instead of tonight, does that mean Grandpa Hank will get me at five tonight?" The team decided to have the dinner at Purple Pig a day earlier; it was more convenient for everyone.

"Yeah, Erin talked to him and he'll get you around five thirty." Jay nodded, turning onto the Main Street.

"Where are we going? We usually turn right to go home, not left." Jaxton caught onto the detour.

"Well..." Jay made his way down the streets before stopping and parking the car in front of the strip mall. "I had something else in mind."

Jaxton looked up and his eyes widened. He turned to look at Jay. "You're going to propose to Erin?" They were sitting in front of Kay Jewelers.

Jay's lips rolled into a smile. "Yep. I've wanted to since the day I met her. I think we are all ready." Jay held up a ring.

"Why are we buying another one?"

Jay showed Jaxton his mother's ring. "Erin wore this same ring when we were undercover. She complained it was a little tight. This is a size 6.5, so I have an appointment to get it altered to a seven." Jay got out of the car, rain drops hitting his head. He locked the doors once Jaxton was out and they walked into the store.

"Oh. When are you going to propose?" Jaxton asked.

Jay motioned to give him a minute, and he nodded. Jay talked to the clerk who smiled and took the ring from his hand and disappeared into the back. "I'm not sure. Do you want to be there when I do?"

Jaxton shook his head. "I have an idea. Do it tonight. I'll be gone with Grandma and Grandpa. And you'll  have some alone time. I'll be at the wedding so I think I'm good."

Jay contemplated the idea. "That sounds great." The two boys sat in the store alone. "You know, in the next year we will be expecting."

A grin crept onto Jaxton's face. "Really?"

Jay nodded. "Yep. Erin and I talked about that when we were in Hawaii when we first started dating." He smiled at the memory of dinner on the beach.

"So, how did you guys even start dating? I know it was during Hawaii, but details? Cmon, it had to be pretty special." Jaxton smirked.

"Well," Jay sighed. He really didn't know how to explain this. His feelings for her and that night were stronger than words could describe. "Erin and I were playing a board game and there was this one question. We had a disagreement about it and then feelings slipped and things happened.That's it. It had been about two years since we were partners and since I met her I didn't have any relationships. I couldn't. Not when I knew the girl sitting next to me was my soulmate."