She Begged for Him not to Leave Her Side

Thank you all so much for the reviews!! I appreciate it, and am happy none of you want to kill me. A reader told me the book needed some angst, and I agreed. I think you all will be pleased by the end of this chapter. And lets also get excited because I think the Five- O task force needs to help out Intelligence. Cheers to annoying car rides with Steve and Danny, and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Two days. Forty eight hours.  Two thousand eight hundred and eighty minutes. One hundred and seventy two thousand, eight hundred seconds. That is how long Erin and Jay were being tortured.

Jay couldn't, wouldn't sleep. No matter how many people told him to, he wouldn't. Not until they found Erin. Not until he could hold her in his arms. Hear her angelic voice.

"Any new leads?" Jay walked into the five- o headquarters, greeting both his team and five o's.

"Jay, why are you here?" Grover looked up from his desk, giving Jay a questioning look.

That was all Jay was receiving the past forty eight hours. Sympathy. Everyone treated him like a ticking bomb. Did anyone realize his partner, his girlfriend, his life, and his whole world was missing? Abducted. God knows what Erin was going through right now.  He wouldn't rest until he found her.

"I'm not resting until I find her, Lou." Jay spoke, walking up to the board. Seeing Erin's picture on the board shattered his heart. He rose his hand to the picture, touching it slightly. He could still smell her coconut shampoo, he could see her smile, and hear her laughter. It was all only forty eight hours ago.

"Why don't we go get some coffee, Jay?" He turned his head to see Danny Williams, a detective with the Five- O task force with his hand on Jay's shoulder.

"Sure." Jay wanted anything to numb the pain, anything. He trusted Danny. He and Steve seemed to be best friends with an unbreakable bond, just like him and Erin.

"Jay, you can ride shotgun." Danny ducked into his silver mustang, his third one. The other two had been blown up or wrecked thanks to his magnificent partner, Steve.

"I'm used to it." Jay held back tears. Erin always drove. He was her house husband. He had only drove with her once or twice, but rode shotgun thousands of times. Times he took for granted.

"Me too, buddy. Steve is a pain in my ass and almost gets me killed everyday." Danny rolled his eyes, looking to see Jay in a trance looking out the window. He felt bad for Jay. The closest thing he had to this was when Grace was kidnapped. But, he couldn't relate to his lover being kidnapped in a human trafficking ring. God, if that happened to Grace he would murder the men who did that in a heartbeat.

"It's my fault." Jay sighed, still holding back tears. "I went to lunch with Damien. I told him Erin was leaving the house. It's my fault." Jay rested his head on the dashboard.

Danny pulled up to the coffee shop, and parked the car. "Don't play that card, Jay. It's not your fault, get that through your head."

"Danny, she might be dead for all I know. Hell, she probably got raped and died." Jay spat, slamming his fists into the dashboard.

Danny jumped at Jay's fists hitting the dashboard. "Hey, easy with the car." He mentally slapped himself for saying that. Those weren't the words Jay needed. "Think positive, man. I don't know much about Erin, but I do know how damn strong she is. She is Hank Voight's daughter." Danny got out of the car, followed by Jay.

"On me." Danny insisted, gesturing for Jay to order.

Once the men received their coffee, they proceeded to sit in a booth, sipping their coffee silently.