We All Have Our Own Coping Mechanisms

One Month Later.

"Nothing fits anymore!" Erin screeched as she dug through every single drawer that housed her clothing. "Nothing, nothing, nothing! Not a single shirts, pair of leggings, or bra fits me!" Her hormones had reached a record breaking high, and she still had twelve more weeks until her due date. The month of April had flown by, and now it was reaching mid May, and Erin was twenty six- almost twenty seven, weeks along and she could fit into nothing according to her.

"Erin, calm down, there has to be something." Jay reasoned, watching his overwhelmed wife slam the dresser drawers. Ever since they had gotten back from Arizona a month ago, her hormones had been bipolar. She also grew rapidly, her stomach now apparent to every person. Her cravings had kicked in, now she was addicted to grilled chicken, corn, and peach lemonade tea. That's all she ate. The only bright side was the morning sickness had vanished as of three weeks ago when she hit twenty four weeks.

Erin turned her head around, and sighed loudly as she slammed another drawer. "Well there is nothing! I've gone from a size three to a size seven! Seven Jay! I can't even bend over now, and my breasts hurt all of the time! I'm useless at work. All I do is sit at a desk while you are out there looking all sexy with your thigh holster and kicking criminals' asses and I'm too fat and tired to start anything!"

Jay rushed to her side just in time to muffle her sobs as he pressed her against his chest, combing his fingers through her hair that was letting loose. "Baby, it's okay. I still love you if that helps," He reassured her, cradling her body that was still radiating with sobs. "Just think, in twelve weeks they'll be here. Then you'll be able to fit into all your clothes again, and they'll be here with us, then we all get a week together since I get a week of paternity leave."

Erin's sobs subsided as she stilled in Jay's arms. "I'm sorry, Jay," She rested her head on his chest as they sat in the carpeted floor of the master bedroom. "It's just, my hormones are gone, I'm so big, and my whole body hurts. I just want them to be here already so I can go back to normal," She sniffled as Jay's hand wiped away the strained tears. They remained silent for a few minutes and sat there, rocking back and forth. "Did we agree on a nursery theme for her yet?"

Jay thought for a moment. They already had a theme for their son. Jay and Erin decided on two separate nurseries, knowing each child should have their own room. They settled on a grey and navy blue themed nursery. They ordered two of everything, and each of the children's initials to hang above their nursery crib. "I thought we agreed on a grey, white, and blush pink for her?"

"Oh.. yeah, yeah we did," She stood up with the help of Jay, "I totally forgot. When's the team coming over again?" She walked over to the bed and took a seat on her side, Jay following.

"Around three. I'll leave at two to meet Adam and Antonio at Target so I can pick up the cribs and all the furniture. Then to Babies R Us to pick up the rocking chairs we put on our registry, along with all the other things we got from the shower last week," Jay continued, "It's okay if they come over, right?"

"Yes, yes, of course," She rested her head on Jay and curled into his body, resting her stomach on her bump. "Jax is with Carson, as usual, so yes, it'll be okay. I don't know what time they are dropping him off tonight, or tomorrow, but it'll be okay. I trust him," She groaned as she felt her lower back ache again. It was the result of her growing uterus, preparing for birth according to Dr. Legg. Jay brought his hand to her lower back, pressing his fingers against it to ease the stabbing pain. "It.. it hurts, Jay." Erin complained, clawing her hands into the comforter.

"It's okay, Er. It's okay. A few more minutes and it'll all be done. Do you want to take a warm bath to help?" He asked, removing his hand and resting it on her growing baby bump as she sighed, a sign the pain is gone. She nodded, moving her head to the crook of his neck. He smiled, pressing a kiss against her head.