When I Met You, Everything Changed.

Well, here is a new chapter! If you all don't know, I have an Instagram (chicagopdbabes)! Go follow! And, the weather here dropped about twenty degrees, so now we are at the freezing mark. And now I'm sick as a dog.

Please enjoy, and leave some reviews!

"Jay, are you coming? We don't want to be late." Erin zipped up her black trench coat, the October breeze plummeting the temperature fifteen degrees and a high wind gust.

"Yes, Erin. I'm almost ready." Jay walked out of the bedroom, wearing jeans and a red button down shirt.

Erin smiled as Jay stood up, ready to go. "I'm so excited! I haven't seen her in almost ten months! And it's been about a year for you!" She opened the door, walking out into the hallway with Jay by her side, locking the door behind.

Jay laughed a little, the elevator doors closing behind them. "I know you are. It's all you have been able to talk about."

"I'm sorry. Camille is like my mom! And she was overseas when I was assaulted, and could only call once a week." Erin went quiet thinking about the dark times after her assault. She wished Camille would fly home and hug her and comfort her. But she couldn't.

"Well she's here now, Er. That's all that matters." Jay smiled, intwining their hands as they walked out of the lobby and into the cold fall breeze.

They both rushed to the car, the freezing temperature making them shiver. Jay having possessions the keys, took a seat in the driver's seat after closing Erin's door. "Will Justin and them be there?"

Erin nodded, turning the stereo on low volume. "Yeah. Olive and Daniel will be there too. You've met Daniel, haven't you? He's almost eighteen months."

It was Jay's turn to nod. "Yes, I think I met him when Olive and Justin came over for dinner a few months ago. I think that was the night Daniel was watching Blues Clues the whole night. He was so well behaved."

The stoplight turned green, and Jay continued down the street to Hank's. "Yeah, I think that was the night. Didn't they bring over Thai food from that new restaurant downtown?"

"Yes." Jay looked out the review mirror, small splatters of rain falling. He turned to Erin, who was focused on the rain. "Er?"

"Hmm?" She looked over to Jay who's eyes were back on the road.

"Have you heard anything from Jaxton?" He was the only thing on Jay's mind. It was going to be a huge adjustment for him and Erin. They would go from having just the two of them, to having a teenager.

A teenager. Who played sports. And had a social life.

"Yeah." Her lips curled into a small smile. "We were texting earlier. I went in after counseling today and added him to our phone plan so he can text us until he is released to us."

Jay reached over, resting his hand on top of hers. "That's good. One step closer to becoming a family."

Erin smiled, a tea slipping from her eye. "Yeah."

Jay heard her sniffle. "Baby, why are you crying?"

Erin wiped away her tears, a small laugh rolling off of her lips. "I'm just so happy. I never would have dream I'd be adopting a kid with you. Or being more than partners for that matter."

Jay shook his head, trying not to tear up himself. He wouldn't have thought this either. Not in his wildest dreams would he think he'd be living, adopting a child, and be months away from proposing to Erin Lindsay. "I'm happy too. Who would have thought we'd have our one day?"

Linstead: Undercover MissionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara