The Best Gift is Family Wrapped In Love

Merry Christmas! I wanted to surprise you all and post an extra chapter! I hope you all have the best holidays!

A few disclaimers and updates: I got some reviews about the last chapter and I want to thank you all for them. And I'm sorry if you all thought Jay was a little to rough about Erin going to see Dr. Gorelik. It's just how I write. And I can FINALLY walk again, sorta. I can feel the nerves back in my feet, so it's a sign!

Enjoy this Linstead Christmas edition chapter!

Jay Halstead never thought this is how he'd be spending the weekend of Christmas.

At his teenage son's basketball tournament.

But he wouldn't trade it for anything.

"Jay, Julie and Craig saves us a seat by the rest of the team." Erin closed the door behind them and they linked hands and walked through the snowy parking lot.

"Be careful, Er. I don't want you to fall." Jay tightened his grip on her, guiding her through the packed parking lot.

They gave the ticket holders their weekend passes, and stopped at the concession stand. "Er, what do you want?" Jay surveyed the menu.

"Just a water and popcorn." She replied, glancing over to Jay.

He nodded and exchanged money with the worker. He looked over to his fiancé as they walked to the seats. Her skin was glowing and a smile was spread across her face. "I love you." He kissed her cheek.

Erin sighed and smiled at Jay. How did she get this lucky? "I love you too." She never would've thought she'd be here with him.

"I'm so happy we are here. You, me, and our son." They walked down the stairs and found Julie and Craig.

"Hi Erin, Jay!" Julie smiled. They took a seat next to Craig and Julie.

"How is it?" Jay asked, switching spots with Julie so he could be by Craig.

"They're warming up." Craig pointed to the boys' white and blue uniforms in front of them on the left side of the court. "I've been watching Jax. He's doing really good. When he was with his grandparents, they rarely showed. Usually he'd stay with another teammate. He's happy with you all."

Jaxton looked over and smiled when he saw his parents in the stands, two rows behind his team's bench. He waved before getting called into the team circle.

The four parents exchanged looks as the team circle descended and the announcer went over the starters.

Luke Anderson

Jaxton Halstead

Erin and Jay exchanged glances, smiling at each other.

Carson Meyers

Quinn Ludwig

Jack Riffly

The announcer continued to go over the opponent's starting roster. Soon, the game was in full swing, the ball going back and forth.

"What the hell was that call?" Jay and Craig stood up flailing their arms.

Erin was stunned. She never saw or expected Jay to be one of those parents who yell at refs. "Sorry about Craig, he's just a bad influence." Julie laughed.

"I never would have thought Jay would be the parent who yelled at referees. And don't worry about Craig. It's nice to have friends who aren't coworkers." Erin replied. "Next week did you want to go get a manicure? We start moving next week and I'll need to relax." She laughed.