She Needs You

Good evening y'all!!! Thank you all for the feedback, it makes me feel like I have a purpose!! The next chapter will be up Sunday. High school begins tomorrow, so joy. Lol, enjoy the chapter and tell me your thoughts!!

"Are you sure about this,Erin? I don't want you to feel pressured. I can wait until you are ready." Jay insisted. He didn't want Erin to feel like she had to bring him along to her session with Dr. Gorelik. He could wait. He would wait all eternity for her to be ready.

Erin entwined their hands, taking a seat on the couch, Jay right next to her. "Yes, Jay. For the hundredth time, yes. I am completely comfortable with you being here." She didn't understand why Jay was so concerned. It had been almost two weeks since the attack, twelve days to be exact. Dr. Gorelik and Dr. Charles both agreed she had been doing better than most people that have been assaulted.

"I just wanted to make sure, okay?" Jay squeezed their hands, running his free hand up and down his leg, using it as a stress reliever. He had no idea what Erin had been talking about with Dr. Gorelik. He always sat outside and listened to her painful cries.

Erin smiled as Dr. Gorelik entered the room, closing the door behind him, taking a seat on his recliner before speaking.

"Erin, good morning. How are you?" He shook both of their hands, handing Erin her chart. The chart had four categories-

Relationship with family and friends

Personal Well Being

Emotional Well Being

Overall Well Being

There was several parallel lines, and the further to the left you would mark meant worse and to the right meant well. Erin looked over to Jay who gave her a smile of encouragement, and she began to mark her chart very carefully, Jay watching her closely.

Erin put the expo marker back onto the clipboard, handing it over to Dr. Gorelik. He examined the paper, counting the lines and making notes in his computer before setting the clipboard to the side.

"I'm okay, how about you?" She always asked that. She didn't like having all attention on her, but that was what she was here for, unfortunately.

"I'm good, ready for fall." He chuckled. "Where would you like to begin?" He asked, folding his legs, smiling at the two detectives.

Erin shrugged her shoulders. Why did she always have to start out? Why couldn't he? "I brought Jay." She looked over to Jay who nodded his head silently.

Dr. Gorelik smiled, nodding to Jay. "Erin, will you explain to me who Jay is?"

Erin nodded, looking down at their attached hands, a vibe of confidence overtaking her. "This is Jay Halstead. He is my boyfriend and partner." She smiled. Erin was so proud of herself, She was here, with the man she loved, who supported her one hundred percent.

"Hello, Jay, I'm Dr. Gorelik, but please all me Steve. We spoke over the phone, correct?" Dr. Gorelik continued to type away into his laptop.

"Yes, we did." Jay wanted to keep the conversation short. It was about Erin right now, not him.

"So, how is Erin doing from your perspective. You both do live together, correct?" He asked.

"We don't live together. I agreed to live with her throughout her recovery, I have my own apartment and we are staying at hers, but she asked me last night if I wanted to move in. Of course I said yes, but we wanted your opinion." Jay wanted to make sure he wasn't rushing anything.

Dr. Gorelik sat his laptop down on his side table, leaning forward to take a look at the young couple. "Erin did mention to me last time how she wanted to move in, and I told her if you are sure about this, then do it. Before the assault, did you have any intentions with her?"