Our Love is Invincible

Hey!! Thank you all so much for the reviews!! They all made my day!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Erin's eyes fluttered open, her vision blurry. The room was silent, the only sound coming from the storm stirring outside. She tried to turn over, but she looked down and saw Jay's arms wrapped around her middle. Erin smiled to herself, remembering how perfect last night was.

Jay muttered something in his sleep, nuzzling Erin's neck. She laughed, Jay's eyes flickering open after a few minutes. "Good morning." The grogginess of his voice was thick.

"Hi." Jay softened his grip around her, allowing Erin to turn over and face him.

Jay brushed a strand of her second day curls behind her ear. Her beauty astounded him everyday. She was so beautiful. "How did you sleep?"

Erin grinned, moving closer to Jay's warmth. "Like a baby." Last night was the best night she had slept in at least six months.

Jay glanced over to the bedside alarm clock, before focusing on Erin. His fingers outlined her eyes, Erin's eyes fluttering back. She let out a contented sigh. She loved how Jay always saw her. He would always compliment her, and always made her feel safe. He is the only one who had ever done that to her.

"I must've worn you out." Jay smirked, continuing to outline every aspect of her face.

Erin laughed a little, her forest green eyes opening. "Nice try, Halstead, but I think I wore you out."

"No way." Jay kissed the top of her head, taking in her vanilla scent. "Do you want breakfast?" His stomach was growling.

"Sure." Erin smiled, running her hand over his cheek. How did she get so damn lucky? She never got treatment like this from Charlie or Kelly. Jay treated her like a queen, and she still wasn't sure why she deserved it.

Jay stared into her green eyes, memorizing them. He could never get enough of her. "What do you want?" He questioned, their eyes still locked together.

Erin shrugged her shoulders. "I don't care." She pressed her lips against his soft ones, slowly connecting them. "Surprise me." She pulled back, pulling the blanket up with her covering her naked form.

"If you insist, Lindsay." Jay walked over to the dresser, slipping on a clean pair of boxers and sweatpants, disappearing into the hallway.

Erin slipped out of the bed, sliding on a t-shirt and a new pair of underwear. She opened the door to the bedroom, finding Jay rummaging through the cabinets.

"What are you making?" She seductively asked, walking over to the cabinet, collecting two coffee mugs and filling them with dark roast coffee, adding a tad of hazelnut.

"Thanks." Jay took a sip of his coffee, which he needed desperately. "And I'm making eggs and hash browns. Changing it up." Jay opened the oven, inserting the pan of hash browns into it, setting the timer.

"Sounds perfect." Erin grinned, taking a seat on the bar seat, sipping her coffee. "What did you want to do today?"

"Well, we both have the same amount of stuff, so why don't we declutter the apartment, then we can go to mine and clean it." Jay offered.

Erin nodded in agreement. "Sounds good. We both have so much kitchen stuff we need to go through."

Jay laughed, turning to face Erin, holding up the green spatula he was flipping eggs with. "I don't even know why you have so much damn kitchen utensils. You don't even cook." He did have a point. Before Erin and Jay started dating, Erin lived off of salads, macaroni, and various other things that did not require fancy utensils.